Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

I was hoping to keep a low profile on this until a later stage but because of events today I'm wondering if somebody could help put my mind at rest.

My af was due last Thursday and four days before, on the Monday morning, I started to bleed. I thought it was wierd, but just wrote it off as my af arriving v early. Anyhow, by the afternoon the bleeding stopped completely and Thursday came and went with no af.

By the Friday I started to feel a little 'strange' with heightened smell, a 'fuzzy head' feeling and just not right. ( Just a little background here...Dh and I haven't been taking any precautions for about 8 mths now in the hope of perhaps a natural miracle.....never ever believing we may even have the slightest chance....see my history below)

To complicate matters I've been taking all number of medications to relieve bad back pain and so considering the symptoms I'd been having I thought I'd better do an hpt just to be on the safe side and did a Clearblue Digital around 5pm on the Friday.......and low and behold it came up pregnant 1-2 weeks :eek:

I went to the docs on Monday afternoon (concerned about the impact of meds I'd been on) and he took a sample (around 3.30pm) to do another hpt. I had to phone this morning for the result and was told it was negative :-\

The thing is my 'symptoms' are still strong (CONSTANT weeing, fuzzy head, slight nausea, and VERY tender (.) (.) ) so I came home from work around 1pm and did another Clearblue Digital AND a First Response and they both came up positive :eek:

The doctor has requested another test on Tuesday (saying that hospital tests aren't always as sensitive as over the counter ones - helpful - NOT!! :mad: )

The question is....how can one come up negative and three others positive? How reliable are CB Digital and FR tests?

Any suggestions would be v welcome as I'm sending myself slightly ^idiot^ thinking about it all.

Cheers

B3ndy
xx

(p.s if any of my ******** friends on here see this post ::) PLEASE don't mention anything on ** as we've decided not to tell any friends or family yet....thank you x )

*********** UPDATE *************

I started getting strong af type pains last night and then today, at 5 + 1 af arrived :( . I even did another hpt, in the faint hope of some sort of miracle, but it came up negative this time :'(

Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

But thank you anyway for your good wishes and positivity.

S
xx

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
They must be picking up the hormones from somewhere so I would say congratulations are in order!!

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
I'd say your ARE pregnant - doctor must've used a dodgy internet cheapy!!  ::)

CB digi and FR are very reliable IMHO - I'd also like to say congratulations!!!!!!!!!!  :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ohhh honey

Sending you the biggest ((hug)) what an unsettling time you have had :-* ^hugme^ I had been following since last wk and so hoped for a different outcome for you, I now hope you can find some answers for your back problems & who knows hun a natural has happened and may well again in time meantime you don't need me to tell you how blessed you are with R&T.

Obviously it goes without saying I will say nothing on ** :-X

Love & hugs

Jx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts