Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone  :)

I had 2 lovely little embies transferred on friday.
I will be testing on 22-10-04.
Just had a quick question.
The fasting month of Ramadan begins this friday so I was wondering how sensible would it be for me to begin fasting.
For those who don't know too much about this, Fasting means refraining from eating or drinking anything from before sunrise to sunset for the whole month. so we're talking about 12-13 hours a day.
Normally it is not a problem for me and I really want to do so this year too but just wanted to know if doing this may affect my chances of a positive and healthy pregnancy

Any advice appreciated..

lots of love and prayers to you all
Eiliyah xx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
I too think you should act as though you are pg, there must be some exemption for pg women isn't there ?

I hope you get some replies that will help you decide

Good luck with your test

Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
I was told to eat lots of protein and drink plenty during my 2ww. Obviously its up to you but i wouldnt want to risk anything during my 2ww.

Love Kimx  x

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Eiliyah,

I agree with Woppa that you should be eating and drinking. You're normally advised not to get dehydrated, some clinics advise drinking 2 litres a day. Surely there must be a dispensation for pregnant/ill people when it comes to fasting. Wishing you well over the fast, and may you get a lovely  ^reiki^.

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Woppa, Kim, Jo, And Camilla

Thnx for posting
Pregnant women are exempt, and to be honest i didn't think of it like that but I suppose I do fall into that category. And I can always make up any fasts I miss later on.
It helps getting other opinions.

:)

Eiliyah x

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Eiliyah,

Glad we could help, look after yourself and your embies, and as you say you can make up the fast another time. You can participate in thought rather than fasting over the next 2 weeks.

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Eiliyah

I have to say i would treat it as if u are

You wont know until the important test day but for now, u have too much precious things going on inside to risk.

I do understand ramadan and all, i hope an pray it is a bfp but am sure if it goes the other way  u can catch up

12-13 hrs is a long time to go without food pg or not pg

Lots of luck in ur 2ww

Hoping for a bfp for you

Emilyxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts