Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I need a cycle buddy as I think I'm going to go mad before the 2ww is over!!!  I've had my first ICSI cycle and I am thinking positive and trying to stay sane, but the wait may well be the death of me!  Anyone else testing on the same day?  Would be lovely to share the emotions with someone.
(you're all very supportive)
Katie x

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi katie, looks like you and i are going insane together.cant really get to grips with this message board so if you like you can mail me.my test is due on the feb 4th as well. you feeling ok....physically....mentally, i think we have to lose it to cope.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply loobyloo.  I've sent you a message!

Love Katie x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi

I am testing on 4th Feb too (if I can hold out that long!!!!!) The last five days have been the longest of my life  ;D  ::)  ;D

I feel fine and have no pain from EC or ET but I wish I had a little symptom to give me some hope. Did you do day 2 transfers? If so our embies should be implanting about now!

Good luck

FLH

·
Registered
51 Posts
Me too! Although I had a moment of madness and did one yesterday as well!!  bought 40 on the internet so thought I'd better get some use out of them! Roll on the 4th, although I doubt very much if I'll hold out that long.  Bex x

·
Registered
49 Posts
glad i am not the only one going insane! i did a test a few days post et just to prove to myself that there bwas no hcg,with the logic that if there was on a later test i could believe it. will you all wait til day 14 post transfer of 14 from ec. if both implant woulg i have more hcg and therefore test +ve on day 12?

where does this treatment take our brains and emotions :-\

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Hi katie,

Its so good to hear from others who are going through their first cycle. I test on 3rd Feb and it can't come soon enough. I am even tempted to carry out the test one or two days days earlier because I can't stand the suspence. Next week may as well be next year.

Hope we both get the +tv that we so desire.

Sasha B  :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi girls - good to hear from you all!!
I did have a 2 day transfer.  It's funny that you mention that about now we should be implanting, because yesterday and today I have had really bad period-type pains.  OMG!!  Can I get excited?!!!!! 
I reckon it's ok to test on day 12, even though they assure me I must wait until day 14.  I am not sure what I'll do.  I have two very busy days at work next Thursday and Friday, so in some ways I want to do the test on Wednesday so that I can relax all day and reel in the good news, rather than do it on Friday and then have to charge out the door, unale to spend any time with my hubbie.
At least we're half way through now.  A week is a milestone as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck to you all and may you all have the patience of a saint!!!!!
Keep thinking  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Love Katie x

·
Registered
51 Posts
The second week is so much harder than the first isn't it? So near but so far!!  ^confused^
Katie - your af pains sound like good news.  I'd be excited if I were you, although I'm reading things into everything at the moment.  I keep swinging from being sure I am pg and to sure I'm not.  I've had very sore/tingly (.) (.) this last week, which could be a good sign, or could also be a side effect of the yucky cyclogest thingies.  I read on the packet that it's the most common side effect of the pessaries.  I have also decided to test on day 12, as I have bought very sensitive tests over the internet which claim to accurate on day 12. 

Bex  x

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A quick question for you girls - are you all avaoiding baths?  My consultant said to have showers for the first few days after ET but now I'd really like to have a bath again (I used to have one every day, and don't really like showers)  If I don't have it too hot do you think I'll be ok?

Katie x

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Dear Katie,

I actually love showers so its not a problem for me. I'm not sure why we are supposed to avoid baths perhaps it is the temperature or it could be the weight of the water. Anyway I probably wouldn't take the risk. I can imagine it is a hard luxury to forgo but its only for a short time. Can you indulge in something else which is equally relaxing such as having your hubby give you a gentle back rub?

All the best in the run up to PT day!  :)

Sasha B

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi

I know the evidence is conflicting but I was only told to avoid baths for two days after ET. The clinic then said to carry on as normal. It is a week since my ET and I had a bath today - not a very hot one and didn't stay in for long but I don't think that it can do any harm as long as you have not just had ET. Women everywhere get BFP's every month and I am sure plenty of them have had baths!

FLH x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts