Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wonder if you can help? After having my 6th miscarriage last night (although i do have one son from iui :), both me & my husband wonder where to go from here, as no one seems to be able to give us an explanation to why i'm miscarrying :-X.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

S&M

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Ravioli

So sorry to hear of your miscarriages and one so recent as well  ^Cuddle^

I always thought women who have suffered 3 miscarriages or more are referred to have tests done to discover why this is happening.  If you have not seen your GP already about this do so and hopefully they will refer you to a Fertility Clinic or Gynaecology Dept.

Wishing you all the best.

Terri xx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Sarah
so very sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage, i cant imagine how hard that must be for you... sending you lots of hugs ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Have you had any blood tests done to see if there are any cuases for miscarriage? I had a whole lot of tests done by Dr ******* (miscarriage clinic/harley street) and he looks at hormonol reasons; blood problems; chromosonal and also natural killer cells (there is a lot of informatin on this under investigations and immunology forum.  

The other possibility (I'm not sure if you are in london or where) but to get referred to a miscarriage clinic, e.g. in london after 3 miscarriages you can be refereed to st mary's hospital which does alot of work around miscarriages and tests on women trying again.

I hope this is of some help to you and i'm sure you will get other helpful feedback to hopefully be of use to you during such a painful time.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I'm so so sorry you've suffered recurrent miscarriages ^hugme^ ^hugme^

As the other ladies have mentioned, have you not had any tests done to determine why this is happening ? There could be a number of reasons as to why this is sadly happening to you. I always thought the "norm" was that if you had 3 recurrent mc's then you would be referred for further tests ???

I suffered 2 early mc's this year & our consultant sent me for numerous blood tests for NK cells, thrombophilia, lupus etc & it was discovered I have "sticky blood" which is a blood clotting disorder - basically blood clots too much/too easily & can cause problems with bloodflow to the womb - I now take baby aspirin to thin my blood & nourish womb. I also had another hysteroscopy (where they look inside womb for abnormalities) back in April as well...it was my 4th since I have a bicornuate uterus...I was found to have more uterine adhesions & also polyps, both of which can cause mc. Our consultant seems to think that it was a combination of all this that caused my early mc's & was causing a "hostile environment".

I think the other ladies have given you some great advise & I hope, if you've not been offered any investigative tests previously, that you are quickly referred to someone who is experienced to help you.

I wish you all the luck in the world
^Cuddle^
Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all of you,

Sorry I should have made myself clearer ^idiot^,(i'm not thinking very straight at the moment).

I have had all the various tests mentioned, under St Marys they seem to think like Natasha I MIGHT ::)have sticky blood, which is probably true as when I had my baby I took clexane.My consultant will only offer this once a pregnancy has been confirmed through a scan.

Just need a bit of advice (not on getting pregnant, seem able to do that) but on staying pregnant.

Sarah

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ravioli

So sorry to hear about the problems you have been having

Have a look at the 'Recurrent Miscarriages & Sticky Blood' thread in 'Investigations & Immunology' under the 'Starting Out & Diagnosis' message board - there is quite a bit of info there.

My mum had two mc before having me (I don't know why and can't ask as she died last year) so when she was expecting me, her consultant made her have complete bed rest for the first 2 months - she was only allowed up to go to the loo.

And there is of course the old wives' tale about certain women only being able to carry babies of one sex - don't know how much truth there is in it, but I did once work with somebody who was one of six boys and his mum had had numerous mc in between the six of them. It makes you wonder!

Wishing you all the luck in the world

:)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

Sorry that you've had tests but are no nearer to getting an answer.

It was me who posted the question on recurrent miscarriages & sticky blood....here's the link

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33179.0

If you've been diagnosed with sticky blood are you not taking baby aspirin or something else to help thin the blood & so nourish the womb & make it better for implantation ???

Wishing you lots of luck
Take care
Natasha ^reiki^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.