Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just a bit about me first. I have 5 year old twins with ex husband after 4 tx's. Have tried twice now with new DP. I am A- and DP is O+.

Just had follow up appointment after 2nd failed tx. The consultant suggested 3 options

1. Don't try for another baby!!! (the more I say it the madder I get)
2. Have immune tests
3. Try again with extra progesterone and keep fingers crossed.

We've decided to just try again with extra help but I'm now thinking it might be worth doing some tests. As I'm new to this can anyone tell me what type of tests I would have and how much would they cost????

Thanks for reading, hope I'm making sense!!!!

Tor x

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Sorry to hear your consultant sounds a bit 'alternative'. I don't know if there's any truth in this or if it helps but I went to a ff meet on Friday & a lady there us a-ve she was told she needed an anti d shot (?) to ttc with anyone of a different blood type.
If you do go for immune tests the FAQ  is fantastically helpful & best place to start. I went to dr g and h & I had every test it cost us nearly 2.5k (ouch) but dr g likes to cross every t and dot every I, other clinic do smaller panels of tests think care's panel is about 800 pounds for eg. Good luck x

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Loop.

Gonna phone the clinic today and ask about prices etc and may possibly mention the insensitive consultant!!!

Tor x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts