Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone and Agate :)  hope u can help, got my results from Lister and havent been able 2 speak 2 a doctor and interpret them:

TNF-alpha: IL-4 (CD3+CD4+T-helper cells):    47.9  (19.0- 57.6)

IFN-gamma:IL-4 (CD3+CD4+T-helper cells):  7.71  (8.8 - 21.0)

TNF-alpha: IL-10 (CD3+CD4+T-helper cells):    85.5  (13.2- 31.0)  * this seems high

IFN-gamma:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+T-helper cells):  13.7  (6.1- 14.8)

my NK results came back elevated with a ratio of 19  (50:1)  Have been told Il have to take 25mg of prednisone when get pregnant....
Would that cover my th1 th2 results as well....hope so

Thanks v.much...xx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
your tnfa looks rather high - most docs would want you on steroids, some docs would prescribe humira, others would try you on intralipids -you may need to get the level down before TTC - have a look in the faq under cytokine ratios

best wishes

A x

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks v.much Agate for that, you really are a star. :) ^hugme^

read through the faq's as well

got through to the lister and they are still just advising me 25mg of prednisone from when pregnant.....im just wondering is this the normal protocal in the lister

I just hope that will be enough....xxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,
  Your TNFa does seems very high. Mine was at 41 and Dr. Gorgy put me on 2 shots of Humira, Intralipids (2 weeks apart), Clexane and Prednisolone (25mg), but
I also have a DQ match with my hubby. Do not worry , because nowadays with all these from above you should be able to suppress it without a problem.
I also tried (in addiction to the above) to lower my TNFa naturally , by drinking tomato juice, eating walnuts plus the supplement called RESCERATROL.

Good luck!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for your answer anitabel--- Im not sure about the DQ test as havent done that one but unlucky for me -i found out that I have a chromosome problem called a balanced translocation so this is the real cause of all my MC's

im sure with such a high tnf -it cant help things

thanks for those food supplement suggestions ^hugme^xxxx

·
Registered
62 Posts
icsipgd - I too had tests at lister, and was just precribed steriods... when i read about intralipids i asked dr thum for these and he gave me prescription for healthcare at home to get this (but dont think he would of suggested it if i didnt ask), but unfortunaly for me it didnt work (have had 9 early m/c now)
I went to Dr G for 2nd opinion, he did more thorough tests and now have full prescription of meds (LIT, IVIG, humira, steroids, cleaxne)

if your immune issues arent  too aggressive then maybe you may be ok with just steriods........

xx

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi yogasian--I too am with the same doctor as you and when I rang about results- just said the steroid would cover it----however from looking at these threads (and because my level was so high) im thinking that maybe it wont......

I also kind of thought that dr t and dr G were on the same sort of wavelength--mustnt be

Im hoping that my alphas were so high--maybe I just had a bad day--god knows!!lol

sorry about ur 9 mc's, totally terrible  :(

thanks again for your post..xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts