Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the donor so really bad news for the receiver and this is my first attempt. I now have the question of whether I donate or keep if I do not get any more follicles by friday have to make that choice. if I give them away I get another chance of ivf free of charge which means the eggs will be all mine. because I have responded poorly this time does it mean it will be the same next time? if so will I have to pay for the extra drugs? thanks sharon

·
Registered
856 Posts
sharon oneil said:
I am the donor so really bad news for the receiver and this is my first attempt.

I have severe reservations about patients donating eggs, even when they have lots! This is not in any way a criticism of you, it is the clinic I am criticising for doing this to you. The are many legal,ethical and moral implications. In your case you don't have enough eggs for yourself let alone a recipient so it sounds especially silly! Your case does not sound as though it is being managed very well at all.

I now have the question of whether I donate or keep if I do not get any more follicles by friday have to make that choice.

This is unacceptable in my eyes, you have enough to worry about without all of this!!

if I give them away I get another chance of ivf free of charge which means the eggs will be all mine.

This is the bit I don't like at all. I would strongly advise you to back away from all of this and go to a clinic who will treat you and focus on your needs.

because I have responded poorly this time does it mean it will be the same next time?

No, as long as your case is reviewed and the appropriate action is taken.

Please see my note on embryology consultations at the top of the message page, I strongly think that you might benefit from this service

if so will I have to pay for the extra drugs?

I don't know your circumstances

Good luck!

Peter

thanks sharon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts