Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Have not been logged in for a while because been doing my third IVF attempt. I took the steroids and aspirins etc as well as the other medications but today the period arrived again. I don't even come to the start box!!! I think this is like going to hell and further down. Have any of you have had the same experience that you don't even reach a positive preg test!! Is this normal? and I don't know if I can cope with another try and fail again.

Anna :'(

·
Registered
700 Posts
Anna,  have no experience of TX just  awaiting diagnoses, but I WISH you the best xxxx ^reiki^

·
Registered
957 Posts
Anna

You poor thing. It is truly the worst feeling in the world. You invest so much energy, hope and commitment to the whole process and you so deserve a lucky break, but it doesn't come.Just a period. I am so sorry.

There is nothing anyone can say to take this grief away, just let it come on its own and in its own way. No-one understands these feelings the way we all do. It sucks. Try to ignore anything helpful that people say to cheer you up - e.g. you can always try again etc. It doesn't help, just makes you feel like what you've been through was trivial to other people.

I have been trying forever - 9 years, 6 IVF with ICSI, 1 donor egg cycle, and never got a pregnancy - not even a faint line. I always bled before the day 28 test. Now I have been investigated and found to have high natural killer cells and am getting immune treatment (see new humira thread) and we are about to start trying again.

Try to keep hopeful when this pain has passed. But for now, just be sad and let the tears flow. Time helps but not much else....

Good luck with it all. You know where we all are if you need us.

Kate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tks Kate, I will not give up yet, I will sign up for 3 more attemps and after that I will see. I got pregnant normally 2 years ago but miscarriage at 14 weeks!! and since then it has not worked at all. I have border line high immune system and therefore I took the steriods and the blood thinning injections but that did not help.

Tks again for the support

Anna

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Anna,

I am so very sorry to hear about the failure of your last cycle. It must be very painful for you and very frustrating.

We have had 2 failed ICSI's and one failed FET and on all these occassions AF started before the test date. Usually quite early on in the 2ww.

My last attempt was particuarly heartbreaking, because like you, I took the steroids, asprin (as well as Heparin and 2 IVIG's).

Wishing you all the very best for your next (and hopefully your last and positive) attempt! You sound very brave and determined.

With love from,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi there

sending you a big hug from all of us who have been there. I too have had 3 fails, and never a BFP, and I can't help but wonder if it'll ever, ever happen.

it's so hard, I think the third time has been our hardest so far, but it does get better. We're talking to lots of places to make sure our next step maximises our chances, and I believe that with some changes to our treatment, our next go will be our best shot.

take care of yourself

Rosy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts