Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^wave^

New home for you ladies. I've locked the Prospective Adopters Thread and the Approved and Waiting thread and made this a general Adoption Chat thread so you can chat here along with those who have already adopted.

Happy chatting  :)

Bx  :-* :-*

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
hi everyone :)
I have my info meeting on friday- can anyone give me an idea of how many other people might be there, and also some good questions to ask? Do you have to talk about yourslves to the whole group?

hope everyone is well!

something I forgot to add: since starting this process, has anyone found themselves alot more irratated by people talking about adopting mums as 'not the _actual_ mum' and 'not the _real_ mum'? A girl at work was talking about a friend of mine who is adoped,and said that about her mum, in the whole 'its the familes guilty secret'  sort of way  :mad: ^bigbad^

·
Registered
146 Posts
crystal4314 said:
hi everyone :)
I have my info meeting on friday- can anyone give me an idea of how many other people might be there, and also some good questions to ask? Do you have to talk about yourslves to the whole group?

hope everyone is well!

something I forgot to add: since starting this process, has anyone found themselves alot more irratated by people talking about adopting mums as 'not the _actual_ mum' and 'not the _real_ mum'? A girl at work was talking about a friend of mine who is adoped,and said that about her mum, in the whole 'its the familes guilty secret' sort of way :mad: ^bigbad^
Our info session was very informal it was a presentation from a few Social Workers on the process and what type of children they are looking for homes for, there were about 20 people, couples and singles and there was no talking about yourself etc it was very informal at the end you had the opportunity to talk 1 - 1 with a Social Worker about any issues etc you might have had and then they asked if you would like an initial home visit which we did, and home visit was about 10 days later, Good Luck we went to ours 20 Jan 2010 and was approved last week 6 Jan 2011 so I thought quite quick.

·
Registered
676 Posts
New home!!

Sorry - can't add to the info meeting as we didn't have one. Hope it goes well though.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
hi everyone and thanks for the kind words, we didn't hear from SW yesterday so hoping she might have some news when hubby does his ASI on Tuesday.

crystal our info evening was the same as LP very informal, we had a mum there who spoke about what it was like the highs and lows and she stayed back to talk to people as well as the SW's as well. Hope it all goes well

sorry bit brain dead at the mo and can't remember much from the last thread dah x

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Just bookmarking.
Crystal, similar to the others -lots of info, a few games. We introduced ourselves to one another too. There were about 20 people there.
We're a much slower LA though as we went to our info day in July and haven't even started our home study yet. They said 8mths from start of home study to get to panel too, but I know that other LA may get things done a lot quicker 4-6mths from start of home study.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Also just bookmarking.  :)

Have a good evening all x

Anj x

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
just marking.... love following your journeys xx

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just marking

Karen x x x

·
Registered
384 Posts
hi ladies new home yeah!!
hope you are all having a great weekend
em xx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just popping on to bookmark. Hope all are well and had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Just waiting for that phonecall now to say they have a match for us.
Having a two week break in the sun.  ^holiday^  Flying out to Singapore and Malaysia later today. We figured it would be our last big holiday with just the two of us for a long time so we thought we would splash out. Hopefully it will be all sand pits and paddling pools later this year!!!

Health and happiness to all

Mrs Dibbles ^wave^

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hiya peeps.
Sorry have been awol, still wating on insrance people so still no internet so on my phone. Have been reading but can't look back on my phone to do personals, sorry. Hope u all had a lovely christmas and new year.
Were trying to sort house out best we can for our photo's for panel, gonna have to do some trick photography as most rooms affected.
Take care.
sweets x x

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Sweets - didn't know you had flooding, poor you!  ^hugme^

Mrs Dibbles - done that trip before and it's fab, enjoy your last holiday just the two of you!!  :)

Arrows - hope things get moving soon for you!  :-*  Well done on your teacher training! Sorry it was hard for you but will also be nice being a godmum  :)

GG - can't wait for feb now! How exciting you will probably go to panel same week as us!  :)

Crystal - some people should think before they speak!!

Another weekend gone, less than a month to go now! Woo!  :)

p xx

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a good christmas and a happy new year. Congrats to all those who have intros and home study and prep courses.

I have some news - I have adoption panel TOMORROW (10th Jan 11), we received the letter during our christmas break but havent been able to let you know as we don't have the internet. As you know we are having an extension done which is being completed tommorrow and the builders accidently cut through the internet wire. So at the moment I am using our next door neighbours  computer and internet.

Hope you are all okay, will keep you informed of the outcome
from a nervous Sonia x

·
Registered
893 Posts
OMG Sonia! Good luck, that is such great news. You and DH will be fine. Let us know how you get on!

Happy New Year to all you beautiful ladies. Here's hoping 2011 is the year that make all your dreams come true.......  :-*

Love, Rhonda.XxX

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Good luck Sonia - looking forward to hearing your happy news!! :) Hope you get internet soon! x

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Sonia- good luck for tommorrow x x x

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
good luck sonia :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just marking our new home! Meeting today to review intros before taking poppet home fprever we hope on wednesday! Mxx

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ps huge luck to sonia i know you will sail through!!

1 - 20 of 615 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.