Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After spending months looking at our finances, we've decided that egg share is the only realistic way of doing IVF/ICSI at the moment and are looking into clinics in London.

I'm really pro egg sharing and would love to help another lady achieve her dream, so it seems ideal for us. I really like the look of The Bridge Centre in London, and was wondering if anyone has had treatment there? Not just for egg share, but for IVF/ICSI in general.

They sounded so lovely on the phone, but I would be really interested in hearing feedback from other FF members...good or bad!

Any info/opinions much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Kate xxx

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Hi

I am at Queen Mary's Roehampton which uses the Bridge centre for doing the embby stuff & ET. If you look further down here there is a Queen Mary's thread so other ladies on there may be able to give you feedback too.

I have had 1 neg IVF cycle and am doing a second - hopefully positive - at the moment. All my contact with the Bridge has been good and the prof there is a nice guy who makes you feel relaxed.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Raggy          x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
like Raggy I'm at Queen Mary's and used the bridge for transport IVF - so we only had ET and the embryology there.

I have to say that although the prof is obviously very clever, personally I found him very unnerving at my first ET!! He is completely eccentric and the whole thing felt like a scene out of fawlty towers!!  I believe they call him the mad professor!  But at 2nd and 3rd ET we had the deputy director, a lady, who was excellent - very professional and kind. 

I found the embryologists extremely helpful, they stayed behind after ET and gave us a very good rundown of our results each time.  They were very sensitive (as I cried down the phone when I had to let my hoped-for frosties go).  I thought their advice was sensible and caring. 

Admin staff not so great - messages didn't seem to get passed on and appointment making was a bit awkward. 
Also found their facilities just a bit cramped - the waiting area for treatment rooms is a bit like a corridor and, just a small point, but I really didn't like the fact they used nasty plasticised paper covers for your dignity during ET instead of a proper blanket or sheet!!!  ;D ;D  Silly what upsets you when you're full of hormones but I thought I was paying enough for them to have a laundry service!!

Overall though i thought they were very good and they got me the results I was hoping for!!

Good luck,
Claire x

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aww thanks girls, its really nice to hear some 'real' opinions!

Claire - you're comments about Fawlty Towers made me smile! I'm starting to get used to the idea that IF is one huge indignity if you know what I mean - never thought I would have so many people poking about inside of me in a lifetime!  ;D

I had really lovely chat with a girl called Claire, who runs the egg share programme at The Bridge. She was really good to talk to, and I think I would be very happy if she was co-ordinating my IVF!

Still deciding between clinics, Lister is a possibility, but I am very keen on The Bridge!

I may be asking a million questions once I've finally got going though!

Thanks again
Kate xxx

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi Kate,

I've been with the Bridge since Jan 2004. I've had a few rounds of clomid/IUIs, a round of Menopur/IUI and 2 rounds of IVF with them. I have to say that I've been really happy with them. As I have PCOS, they were very proactive in treating not just my IF but also the PCOS as well. They were also willing to customise a cycle to work with the PCOS, and not just have me in a cookie-cutter system. While I didn't conceive on my clomid cycles, I did conceive on a Menopur/IUI cycle but unfortunately miscarried. I've just finished my 2nd IVF with them 4 weeks ago, and very happy to say that I am pregnant at 6+1 today. Still waiting for my confirmation scan a week on Monday, and I probably won't exhale until then, but overall I have to say that if i had to do it again, I would definitely trust the Prof and his team to help us find success. He has a great way about him and my dh and I have always looked forward to our appts with him! Overall, the bridge took really great care of us. Best of luck to you, and hope that you find the best clinic for you!

Cheers
nybird xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

I'm with Molly on this one.  Getting through to them over the phone was a nightmare; we were never able to speak to the right people directly (always nurses who didn't know your background but never the doctors).  We were even incorrectly charged for treatment we never received a year after our last visit there!!

We found a clinic abroad instead.  Far, far cheaper.  Far, far superior staff.  Far, far shorter waiting lists.  All-in-all a far, far less traumatic experience (we are now parents to a three week on daughter).  The doctors could be contacted directly without excessive 'consultation' fees.  The Bridge Center could really learn a few things from our clinic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nectarine
Out of interest I wondered which clinic you used abroad and whether it was with your own eggs

·
Registered
6 Posts
The clinic is called Novum and is in Poland.  They are absolutely marvelous.

I had treatment with donor eggs; in fact they used eggs from two different donors to maximize chances.

You're welcome to email me off-line if you want further details.

Nectarine

·
Registered
896 Posts
I hear the Bridge is taking it's ladies to Kiev for Donor eggs now after dropping Romania because of unacceptably low pregnancy rates.

Joy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.