Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Dear Diary

34 Weeks and 6 Days Pregnant

So, my BP was high again on Wednesday and they found protein in my wee so back to maternity i went. Only to find there was no protein in my wee at all.
BP was high but came down after an hour or so, so i was allowed home. I have a urine infection so i have been given antiB's for that.
Bloods were taken to show how at risk i was for having pre-eclampsia in the next 14 days (even though i was already diagnosed it last week, mildly) amd that came back as low risk (confused) but i do have high levels or Uric acid in my blood which indicates hypertension.

In the scan, Ned weighed approximately 5lb8. DS was only 4lb6 so Ned is looking to be a normal sized baby 😁.

Ive just come back from seeing my consultant and she agreed to induce at 37 weeks! So 2 weeks tomorrow, i will be going in to have my baby!
Im so so so excited.
We all just cant wait to see him 💙

X

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Dear diary

35 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant.

I started to harvest my colostrum last night. Im slightly early in doing so, but as im being induced at 37 Weeks, the midwife said it would be ok to start

I had a nice long relaxing bath, i took a baby vest from the drawer and smelt it (even though it smelt of washing powder, it still reminded me of Ned), laid on my bed and gave it a go.
I didnt have high expectations to be honest, even thoughi have been leaking colostrum over the past few weeks. It started really slow and it was a bit fiddly getting some into the syringe, particulary as the blood pressure tablets i am on give me a shakey hand.
I ended up getting carried away, and didnt realise id gone way over the 10 minutes recommended and did it for around half an hour.

In all, i managed to get 1 whole 1ml syringe of colostrum, which i believe is really good for 1st attempt.
I didnt get alot from my right boob, which is my smaller boob so will try and focus on that on next time.

Ive woke this morning to swollen and painful boobs. Originally i was going to not express tonight and give hem a break, but they have eased a little so may give it another go tonight but im aware i probably wony get as much. I just want to build up my supply.

With me managing to get some, its given me alot of hope that i may actually be able to breast feed this time 😃

X

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Dear Diary

35 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant

I think blood pressure is creeping back up. Allday ive been feeling like its higher than it really should be, just took it and its 148/88. 1 nurse said to call if its over 140/90 and another said 150/90. Im not calling them, i have nobody to have DS as OH is at work and i have an appointment there tomorrow afternoon to check BP and monitor Ned so if there is a problem, it will be highlighted then.

Its very windy out there tonight. My house is pretty high up so i get all the windy noises in my bedroom.

Colostum harvesting is going really well. Im super chuffed. Since Saturday ive pretty much got 8 1ml syring fulls. My boobies have been a little sore though and im conscious to ease up a little as i dont want to start breast feeding already being in pain. Luckily, the breast feeding midwife called me today and advised me to do little and often. So i will give that a go.

Worried about my BP now and worried i may go into hospital tomorrow for a check up and have to stay longer!

Only 10 more sleeps until i go into hospital. Im not going to lie, i am pretty scared.
Im scared of the pain, the fact i have to start the process on my own and in scared that once i get to 4cm, and have to call OH in, that he wont make it in time.

X

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Dear Diary

36 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant

Well, saturday was more eventful than i anticipated. It was the last full day that me, OH and DS were all off together. I had nothing planned except cleaning the house but had planned for us to be together.

Anyway, i ended up going to triage for reduced movement and although Ned was fine, the monitor was picking up regular tightenings every 10 mins
I could feel them too and had been getting them regular since the night previous.
Anyway, there was a quick talk of checking to see if i was going to go into labour and a quick chat about inducing me early followed by the senior doc coming in,dismissing the lot and sending me home.
Fine by me and clearly the right call as the tightenings has slowed down and baby is still The tightenings were completely painless so clearly was Braxton Hicks OR a result of me harvesting my colostrum as there is a risk of contractions when doing this.

So, this is my last week of sleep pretty much as hospital on Saturday (who actually sleeps in hospital) and here i am wide awake at this hour!?!
Makes me mad!

I now have harvested about 24mls of colostrum. Ive decided to take 21mls with me to hospital so thats enough for his 1st 3 feeds should we not be able to put him to the breast initially (with GD babies, they run the risk of having low blood sugars when born and can be too sleepy to latch hence why its recommended to harvest as much as you can).
I intend on leaving the rest at home and using it medically for when Ned is poorly or had his vaccines. Colostrum is known as 'Liquid Gold' so i dont want to run the risk of potentially wasting it all. The hospital dont freeze it you see, they put it in the fridge so whatever i take, i cant bring it back home

I feel so lucky to have been able to express so much and its made me feel confident and optimistic about being able to breastfeed.

My feet are huge, like massive. I try to elevate them but it makes no difference.

So the day is getting closer and arrangements have been loosely made for DS, without knowing when i will go into established labour, its hard to plan. But my sister did warn me she sleeps heavy so may need to call a few times to wake her if i go into labour through the night. This makes me nervous. So we may just let DS stay there on Sunday night anyway, depending how dilated (if at all) i am by late Sunday afternoon.

3 more sleeps (well, if i actually do sleep)!

X

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Dear Diary

37 Weeks Pregnant

Its induction day!!!!

Feeling nervous, excited and emotional!!!

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Dear Diary

Im very happy to Announce that Baby M made his appearance into our world on Thursday 25th March at 08:32. Weighing 7lb3oz.

He finally came home yesterday and we are enjoying being a complete family of 4.

Will post a birth story here soon, life is slightly hectic at the moment and i love it

X

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Dear Diary

Birth Story

Saturday 20th March

Arrive at the hospital for my planned induction knowing they were really busy. I waited 7 hours before they put the pessary in... wow, it was painful. I was already 1cm dilated. She wasnt able to put it exactly where it should have gone as it was just too painful. All subsequent examinations, i had to use gas and air for as it was so uncomfortable.

Sunday 21st March

Lots of tightenings were had, but these were painless and no doubt braxton Hicks.
By 11pm, it was time for my 1st examination.... no change. So the pessary had to stay in for a further 8hrs. I was pretty disappointed as with DS1, i was contracting at the point in the process.

Monday 22nd March

Due to no change, at 7am, the pessary was removed and i was to be rested for 12 hours and re-examined.
At 7pm, a midwife called Carol came in, i instantly liked her. She was lovely. She examined me. She had loooooong fingers. She told me there was no need to put another pessary in as one part of my cervix was 1cm but the other part was 2cm and they would be able to break my waters on the labour ward. However, there was a wait.
That night, i seen 2 girls come in, be induced.. and within 10 mins of the pessary going in, they both went into full blown labour... pfft!

Tuesday 23rd March

Still waiting

Wednesday 24th March

Still waiting. Although Carol did come to see me to tell me that they expected they would have a bed for me today, but not sure when. She told me she was doing an extra shift on the labour ward the next day and expected to see my name on the board.

23:59.....
The midwife comes in, wakes me and tells me they have a bed for me.
Its finally happening.

A midwife, called Ruth comes to get me. She isnt nice. I try to make conversation with her, she isnt interested. I think great, i have her delivering me!

02:30 - Waters are broken and i start contracting pretty much straight away, nothing major, but consistent.

04:30 - I am put onto the drip. My contractions intensify but gradual and at a steady pace.

By 06:30 I realise that there is a possibility this midwife may not deliver me as her shift finishes at 8am, legs shut until then!

By 07:15 I ask for an epidural. I decided earlier in my labour that i wanted one this time. The pushing scared me and i didnt want to feel that overwhelming bulging feeling when i need to push.

07:45 - The anthesasist comes in and explains it was shift changeover but she was available to quickly do the procedure... i stupidly told her i was fine to carry on and wait for the handover...... famous last words

08:00 - Bye Bye horrible Ruth... in walks CAROL! Ive never been happier. She told me she seen me on the board and had to deliver me.
Ruth didnt even say bye.

08:15 - A new anthesasist comes in and the attempt to put in the epidural, however, the thread wont go through... my contractions are really intense by this point and unbeknown to me.... im nearing the end. So they attempt the epidural for the 2nd time. Im feeling lots of pressure in my bum and im begging them to hurry up. Again, he cant feed the thread through. They suggest attempting again but i scream that i need to push... and boy did i!

08:25 - Carol examines me and im 10cms so no epidural for me and im gonna have to do this..... scared!
Carol pretty much lets me get on with it, telling me to go with my body.
Never experienced a feeling like it, pushing into the pain. I can feel him right there.. all i want is for him to be out and this feeling to go away.
Carol tells me he has hair 😍

08:32 - After 7 short minutes of pushing.... my baby is born.

He was placed straight on me for skin to skin.

I tore, and had to be stitched which for me, was more traumatic than the birth itself.

Feeding has been an issue and my dream of breast feeding is not going to happen, but i have been pumping for 2 weeks now - I plan to stop that this week and exclusively bottle feed. Im gutted but time with my boys is more important.

X

281 - 287 of 287 Posts