Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for you guy's ^evil^[br]Posted on: November 02, 2004, 04:20:17 PMStarting with Catch's good news:

Hey there all,

just a very quick message to let you all know.....................................................................................................................................................

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND BABY DUST OVER THE LAST MONTHS!!!!!!

I'll write again later when I've stopped crying and calmed down.

Love to you all

As always.......

Catch & Angie

^dancing spot^

G

·
^congrats^ to both of you,Me and jane send all our love to you i bet your both on  ^cloud9^ ^festival^ all the best and take it easy

all the best

carl(thetot5)
Jane(jane1)

^clapping^ ^banana^

·
Registered
455 Posts
obviously.......... (deep breath)................

Hi Guys!

Wow, WOW, WOW, WOW.........

Can't stop taking deep breath's. Been like this since 1.15pm when we got the news, which, incidentally, seems like 10 minutes ago. I have no idea what I've been doing for the last 4hours!

I am, obvoiusly, absolutely dumbstruck! I was so convinced this was a neg cycle, so afraid of how a neg cycle would hurt Angie, that I am still completely unprepared for this!

I'd like to share how we found out, if that's OK, because, when the sensation has come back, I know I'm going to have the very best memories of today, no matter what.

We went to Jessop's this morning for the bloods as you know. Treated ourselves to a McDonald's breakie on the way home and nipped in to see Angie's Mum. Of course the talk was all baby, and I just felt so, so sick (as I have for the last fortnight!).
We came home around 12 and hadn't told the family that we could call at 1pm, thinking "If it's a neg we can have an hour to compose ourselves before facing the world". So for our last hour we went to bed to be close to each other and to reassure each other of our love, and that either way it'll be OK. At 1.10pm we put the phone on speaker and made the call.......... engaged for like 10 mins........... when it started ringing we held each other's hand and shook together as they put us through to Dr Skull. He asked Angie how she was (she was really struggling to talk she was shaking so bad!) and she managed to answer "nervous"..
"No need.... I'm  pleased to say your result is positive"....

We didn't here what he said next because we were just hugging each other with tears flooding down our faces, we managed to get our ph level (119) and that was all.

We lay in bed for a while just hugging, and I will never forget those few minutes. What a surreal, feeling.... almost like I wasn't there, almost like I'm still not! Weird.

Anyhoo......... hope you didn't mind me sharing that amazing moment with you, for those of you who have experienced it, you know where I am right now... for those still waiting, never give up hope, dreams do come true!

Thank you's............

Kimric,

How CUTE is Joe? What a cracking little lad!
We'd love to make the meeting but aren't sure we can at the moment (I understand the spaces are going quick!).

Cherub75,

Hi Emma........ It's great to hear from you again, Angie and I thought about you the other day and wondered how you're doing. Wishing all the best for your cycle (started yesterday?)  ^fairydust^

Camilla,

Hi & thanks so much for the kind wishes. hope everything's going well for you, not long now!!

Paul,

How are you mate? Long, long time since heard from you.. miss your posts my man...... hope you're both keeping well.

LizzyB,

thanks once again lizzy.

Woppa,

thanks woppa, what a little cutie Eva is!!

Gill,

thanks Gill, you're little Rebecca has a great smile, she looks as happy as I feel!

Jac/Chase............. I'm Gonna be a Daddy, gonna be a Daddy........... thanks for being there for me my friends, you've helped me more than I could explain!!

Mel, Tony & Gorgeous little Jessica,

without you we'd all be lost, thank you so much for your thoughts, and thank you so much for ff.

Amanda (and the beautiful little Millie),

Thanks so much

xx

Dawn,

Thank you so much......... a little Poker never did anyone any harm..... give it a try!!!! Your message says it all Dawn.......... Never give up!!!

Carl & Jane,

thanks so much...... cloud 9 is right........ feet not touching the ground!!

To everyone else, thanks for your support, all ff members have helped us along our journey so far (and we know will continue to for the rest of it!)... there are so many unsung hero's on this site.

As always,

with much love

Catch

^dancing spot^

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Catch

Thanks for sharing your day, it does take it all back to what a magical feeling it is so thank you for sharing that with us, it sounded like a perfect day for you both.

My love to you and Angie and to your little miracle/s

Mel

x x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Aw! Catch!
You've made me cry!

Congratulations again.

Gill x

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Awww Catch, what a fantastic person you are.

I'm sat here balling I am sooo happy for you, and I now have a vivid picture of Angie on the phone saying "nervous" and then the reply and then the look on both your faces....... Thanks for sharing your very special day.  I look forward to hearing news on the rest of your journey to baby land.

Love to both of you

Emma xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahhhh Catch :)

Such a lovely post :) :) :)

Hope you will stick around with us....would be great to see a pregnancy through a mans eyes !! :)

Amanda x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Dear Catch & Angie

CONGRATULATIONS!
So very pleased for you both ;D

^clapping^ ^dancing spot^ ^banana^ ^afro^ ^jumpin^ ^pompom^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^

Love

Jayne x​

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations to both of you. Fantastic news.

Love Katie x

·
Registered
547 Posts
Had to post and say congratulations to you both.
We are also fellow Jessops fans as they helped us get our miracle we think teh staff are brill and we were also under Dr Skull.
Sending you loads of luck for the next 8months.
love Gemmaxxxx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Gemma,

Thanks ever so much!!

Great to hear from someone else who's been to the same clinic! (is it me or are all the staff at jessop's Wing getting pregnant? It was so hard to go there and see all the bumps when we so desperately wanted one of our own!)
We're so pleased it's worked out for you too and send you all the best wishes in the world for the rest of your pregnancy!

Good luck

xx

Catch

^dancing spot^[br]Posted on: November 03, 2004, 10:55:29 PMChase,

thanks my man!

Been waiting for your post. I promise that I will do all I can to get to Cranage in April!! One thing I want in return though........... your mpromise to helo me wet the baby/s head/s!! As your good lady said (hi Jac) Angie will be HUGE by then (all being well) and I reckon there'll be some celebrating to be done!

Catch

^dancing spot^

(p.s................ should we bring the poker chips?)

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hey Everyone! ;D

Just wanted to make sure you had all seen this and therefore all have the chance to enter.

The latest good news is that one of our Fertility Friends has kindly offered us a £10 Debenhams vouchers as a prize for the competition winner! ;D

So come on everyone ... get snapping ... remember, as the saying goes ........

You got to be in it to win it! ;D ;D ;D

Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

Dee said:
^PumpkinCute^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^skeleton^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^PumpkinCute^

Calling all budding photographers out there!

Fertility Friends is pleased to announce it's first ever themed funny photo competition!

To enter please post your funny photos relating to HALLOWEEN and/or BONFIRE NIGHT in the Photo Gallery by 8th November 2004.

A special album called HALLOWEEN/BONFIRE NIGHT COMPO has been set up for you to post your photos in. Please make sure that your funny photos are placed in this album so that they can be judged.

Judging will take place by Fertility Friends members after the closing date of 8th November. Each member of Fertility Friends will be able to vote for their favourite photo and details on how to do this will be posted in here.

There is no prize attached to this competition BUT the winner will have the grand honour of winning the first every Funny Photo Competition!!!

It's over to you!
Get snapping and posting those funny pics!

GOOD LUCK!!!

^PumpkinCute^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^skeleton^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^PumpkinCute^

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can't sleep (Again!!)

thought I'd come in and let you know how things are....

There's something I'm confused about..........

Every time Angie and I have been to town together, EVER, it's pretty much been the same... "oooh... look at those boots, they're nice...." (5 mins later) "I could really do with some new boots you know". Or, "I'm getting ready for a new coat" as we approach Next/Top Shop/Morgan.... Or, I'm getting ready to have a change (playing with hair) as we turn the corner and a salon comes into view! And I would say "Yes darling.... whatever you want darling......... you do have 23 pairs of boots darling.........." It was never a problem, I really don't mind, I want Angie to have everything in the world she wants (within reason and purse strings!) but I always thought that, when it finaly worked out for us this would all be 'REPLACED' by...... "look at that baby outfit...", "look at those booties/cot/pram/nursery furniture/etc/etc/etc/etc.."

Turns out I was only partly correct!

Our 1st trip into town took place this afternoon, and I was delighted to be looking at all the baby things with my new mum2b on my arm..... but I never knew, never anticipated that pushing a pram required a new wardrobe!!!!!!!!
It seems that if we were to buy a particular set of clothing for our baby (which we aren't doing just yet!! Very early days!) Angie will need a corresponding total new outfit to compliment it! The statement " That babygrow would look great with those jeans and that top" was something I never quite expected!!!!!

Please tell me (ladies and gents!) is this normal behaviour or has it all got just too much for my beloved dp??

On a serious note...... do you know, I had the first full night's sleep ( I didn't wake until 10am!) last night since July 26th 1996 (the day of my accident)!! I'm not kidding either... normally it's pretty much like tonight, get a couple hours broken sleep, then up a few hours, then a couple more hours broken sleep and up and at em. Last night we had a few visitors (as was to be expected... my Mum (bless her) is so, sooo excited!), watched a movie until around 11 pm and went off to bed, I never moved once I hit that pillow. I had no idea how much stress we had both been under for the last ?? months, I think the sense of relief was so complete, that it was shattering.

Well, don't want to bore you all too much, just checking in like I said! Have read every post about the meeting at Cranage and I would really love to be there now. Didn't realise it was less than an hour away for us so even if we can't get to stay over for the weekend we should definitely be able to put in an appearance!!

As always.......

Catch

^dancing spot^

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Catch,
I can see from various posts (although I can't seem to find the original announcement) that congratulations are in order. So. so pleased for you both. Trust all will be well during "blossoming". Squeeze every bit of joy out of this special time together.

^afro^    ^banana^  ^cloud9^

Steve

·
Registered
455 Posts
Steve,

thank you so much my friend, we plan to enjoy every last minute of the rest of our journey, and every one beyond!

We really appreciate everybody's congrats, particularly as we understand just how hard it can be when your own dream's yet to be realised, so special thanks and our thoughts go out to everyone still waiting and hoping!

Carol,

I have to say it hun... you told us so!!! Gonna bask in our happiness for a few days before we start the 'real' worrying!! After the 2ww we've just had it can't possibly get any worse!!
We think definitely coming to Cranage....... just working out if we stopping over or just coming for day/meal!! Can't wait (though a little apprehensive!) !!

Thanks again

As always.....

Catch

^dancing spot^

[br]Posted on: November 04, 2004, 03:15:57 PMThanks Andy & Mrs Pippen,

unfortunately early nights & catch just don't go together........... at least when bubba gets here I'll be used to being up all night!!
It's Angie I worry about........ don't know when she'll get the 23 hours a day sleep she 'needs'!!

Thanks again,

Catch

^dancing spot^[br]Posted on: November 04, 2004, 06:10:09 PMPaul,

EC was today right?

Hoping all went well for you and that Jo's not been through too much discomfort.

Hope you've plenty planned for the 2ww, keep busy/occupied and it'll pass so much quicker.

Wishing you all the best mate.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Catch

^dancing spot^[br]Posted on: November 15, 2004, 04:47:23 PMHi Andy,

thanks for thinking about us. Really appreciate that. Scan was supposed to have been tomorrow but they couldn't get us in until Thursday... Angie's doing her nut coz she wants everything yesterday so was a brave nurse who told her an extra 2 days to see baby(s)!!

Sounds like there may have been some alcohol involved in the feud?? If so, my experience is that, whilst many a true word is spoken whilst drunk, it's the reasoning of being sober which is missing and it's the reasoning which is in the heart of the drunk! (does that make sense?) I've said many things when drunk I wouldn't say when sober out of respect for someone's feelings. It's that sober respect which you should try to focus on and not the drunken spout of abuse/insults or whatever!! Either way, I hope you all get it sorted and put to rest... life's just too short for falling out (after he's had a good kicking off your mum of course!)

We're planning on being at Crannage (every time I remember to book I forget again!!) so hope to see you there!

Sorry missed your birthday... belated good wishes to you! ^dancing spot^

As always

Catch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts