Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
It' that time again.
I have been in training for a while, following a "hard" routine.
This consists of:-
* Stretching of the member to warm up.
* 50 x one arm press ups
* Stretching again to cool down (don't want any "pulled" muscles)
* Chips and Guiness for stamina.

I do this 3 times a week. :eek: ::)
Got my technique just right.

Early night tonight then "up" in the morning to pack my rucksack.
Normally take a flask of coffee and some "sausage" sandwiches.
Also taking gloves this time, should really get that wart looked at !!
And, of course, some Carp Fishing mags just incase I need a bit of help.
Looking to "beat" my personal best, so may play my joker (the mags) early on.

God I talk c**p.

Hope all you lads are ok (and the girlies)

I'll let you know how Jo gets on when we return tomorrow.

Take it easy.

Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woppa / Dougie
Thanks, you reminded me to get my 100 litre rucksack out of the loft so I can take my bucket.

Many wan thanks

Paul

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Paul ;D

Good luck tomorrow we'll be thinking of you.....maybe nooooooot "come" to think of it ;) ;D

Dave says "good luck with the 5 finger shuffle buddy"...bucket my ^shake^..sparrow spit more like ;) ;D

Good luck both of you & keep well away from any letterboxes ^chuckle^ ^chuckle^

luv&hugs
juel&dave ^Cuddle^ xxxxx

[br]Posted on: October 08, 2003, 08:31:30 PM"Hever castle is waiting for you" ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
luv
juel xx ^Cuddle^

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya Paul

Very good technique LMAO

Just wanted to wish you both lots and lots of luck for tomorrow and the weekend. We will be rooting for you and praying that this is the one.

Love to you both
Kim, Paul and Joe x x x x x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dear Jo and Paul

Hope I am not butting in here, however, just want to wish you both loads of love and good wishes for the next few days! hopefully no more 'keep fit' routines for Paul after tomorrow!

By jove Jo, this time it seems to have gone round so quickly although probably an age for you! Anyway, good luck and stay ++++ ^reiki^

Love Dawn xx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
^shake^ Paul!
Seriously ... loads of luckto you and Jo!
Paul - Enjoy!
Jo - Hope you are ok!
LOL
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sorry jac ^Cuddle^
luv juels xx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi lads, what a day.
You may have read that we got 8 eggs which is fantastic, we are both really pleased.
Jo did so well, I am really proud of her. She is asleep at the moment so I thought I would get on here before she wakes.

My part was quite eventful.
Jumped in the cab to get to the train station to go up to "that" London, (we do transport IVF) and nearly had a fight before we had even left the hospital grounds !!
Some **** in the car if front was holding everyone up by driving so slowly, the cab driver beeped him.
So what does the guy do, he stops and gets out to have a go at the driver.
LOL - before I know it I am out of the car and telling this guy I have my wifes eggs on the backseat and I need to get to London, so could he move his F...ING car.
Must have looked quite p...ed off as he did as I asked.
Think the cab driver was quite shocked.

Then in a moment of madness I got on the wrong train !!! AARRGGHHH.

So I had to jump off (when it stopped) at the next station and run to a different platform to get on the right one !! Nearly had an asthma attack.

Then to top it all, the little fella started playing up.
Actually he didn't play "up" at all, that was the problem.
Eventually after a "stiff" telling off and a quick slap he got the message.
Nowhere near my personal best time though, gutted !!
Didn't have time for a sandwhich before it was back to pick up Jo !!!

During all this Jo and I got talking to a really nice couple who were there having their treatment also.
Told them all about the website, and the guy, Garry, said it had been really nice to have someone to talk to.
Hope they have a look at the site, may see them on here at some stage.

So, we wait to hear from the hospital tomorrow to see how the embryos are getting on. I hate all the waiting, it drives me mad.

I'll let you know how it all goes, god I hope it works this time.

Take it easy.

Cheers

Paul

ps. Chase we need to start up a mag swapping scheme. What have you got to swap for a "Greased Cucumber Weekly" !!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Paul

Please say hello to Jo from me - I had e/c yesterday so we totally understand where you are coming from at the moment.

My husband Adrian, was doing his business when his mobile phone went off - silly idiot answered it and his secretary said 'Where are you?' - you can imagine how that stopped him in motion! Perhaps he was hoping it was a dirty call!

Look after Jo tonight.

Take care

Michelle

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi all,

just been pointed in the right direction for us blokes to chat and I'm soo glad I did. I've been in absolute stitches reading this thread. The events of your day Paul are classic, sounds like a typical start to a three day session to me! But, if a carp angler you are, you'll know that the sessions which start the worst can still have the best results! (fingers x'd).

If you had trouble with the old "stiff rig", perhaps I can suggest you don't read the "crafty" carper in future and try Terry Hearn's book........... "in persuit of the LARGEST"? (works for me).

In all seriousness though, very best of wishes for you and Jo, I'll be popping in here regularly now so look forward to an update!

Catch

·
Registered
12 Posts
^vampire^ To the Batcave ^vampire^

as for the Stiff competition.
I know just how you feel.
The room at St. Barts has about as good selection of mags as an outdated Doctors waiting room.
I had to go out and find one of my own.
Thought about taking in a laptop but apparently electrical items are banned......
Very clinical but as said in the film "East is East"
Half a cup...
Barney

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would just like to congratulate Paul (Kim's better half and father to that wife stealing Joe) for his efforts this week.
Well done mate, excellent work.

Can't believe that when the nurse said "could you put your sample in this pot, sir" you did it while she was still holding it !! Never mind.

Take it easy.

Paul

ps. I'll pick up the carp mags on Saturday !!

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back to work DH :p :p

Joe can steal me any time ;D ;D

but......well done Paul, glad you took the matter in hand well. LMAO

See you tomorrow

Love Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya

Paul has asked me to answer for him. He says.

He looked for Carp magazines in the room but all he could see was ones called 'Big Jugs' and 'Big Butts' so he was very disappointed. But he managed well anyway. The nurse was very impressed!!!!!
Mind you i'm worried now cos the nurse was a fella ^shocked^

Lmao

Love Paul and Kim x x x xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
LMAO

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
LMAO I dont think he did. Will ask him later :) :) :)

Love Kim x x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Lads
Bad news I'm afraid, Jo has told me not to treat this attempt as a joke and try to be more serious !!!
Such a shame, I was going to tell you all about my new technique with the Dyson and a pot of margarine.
And, the latest copy of Advanced Carp Fishing has a free tackle supplement. I am going to smash my personal best time - no problem.
But I'll just have to keep all of that to myself, I suppose ;D ;D

On a more serious note, things are looking pretty good.
Jo has loads of good size follies, her lining is thickening up and the hospital are now happy with her levels etc.
Just one concern - there is a small area of fluid on the scan. But we have had this before and it has dispersed by egg collection.

Got all the usual feelings at the moment - excited, nervous, sh** scared but above all POSITIVE.

God I hope this works......it will work.

A guy at work was recently telling me that he takes his two children out to go "mud running".
Basically, wear old clothes find some mud and run, slide and roll through it !!!!!

Can't wait to give it a go :) :)

Well, I had better do some work.
Take it easy lads.
I'll let you know what happens.
Cheers
Paul

ps. CATCH - Think you are on holiday at the moment, but let us know how you are doing when you get back.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi mate,

not off on jollies till Saturday, been madness round here lately as moved house, had the mc, oldest daughter from 1st marriage birthday today (11) and going away, not been myself really.

probably won't get back on before we go so thought I'd drop in and check you guys out. Wanted to wish you and your lovely all the best, put plenty of whipping round it mate and the hook shouldn't pull!!!! ;)

Mud running sounds cool, not tried that with me sprogs yet........ had b'day party last Saturday for my biggest princess and house looked like we'd been doing just that by the time they all left. Perhaps when it all works out for Angie and me we'll get round to trying it with our own little Angel (you wouldn't believe the world of pain i'd be in with the ex if I took my yunguns out doing that then sent em home!)

We're healing a little now, although it still hurts. Not helping as we're still having to go for blood tests every 2 days at jessops and the pregnancy hormone levels just won't go down. Bloody things won't go up which is more frustrating but we accept now that they must go down before there's another chance of them rising again! Still feel like smashing the house up every ten minutes........ talking of which.........

Went round to our old house today to get the mail, it's stood empty at moment, and some little [email protected]*%'s been and broke into the shed, nicked a load of tools i've not got round to bringing here, thrown paint all over the place, trashed the fencing and gates, thrown their own garden rubbish all over the front lawn, tried to get in the back door and left discarded seringes all over the back garden! Perhaps you can see why we moved?

Anyway, I digress, good luck with your muck mate (sorry ::)) and I'll check in on you when we return.

As always

^cool^

Catch[br]Posted on: May 12, 2004, 09:24:19 PMHi Chase,

good to hear from u again! Thanks for being there, it's always good to know there's a friend on the end of the keyboard! How's Jaqson doing? Better I hope!

Paul..... this carp thing, now I used to have the bug in a big way man, it was my life for about 4 years, but looking for Carp World in the "presentation room" wasn't something I would've been doing even at the height of my addiction to the species! Maybe you should consider getting some help there mate.... Julian Cundiff and Terry Hearn are highly recommended Agony Uncles on the carp scene, although my personal preference would be for some words of wisdom from his lordship...... Mr Carp himself....... Tim Paisley (a thousand apologies for mentioning his name like I know the God personally!)

Seriously though, on the carp theme, are you an active carp angler or one of these couch carpers? You're not one of these 'keep it real' British fish only nutters are you? (if you are then I think every fish in Britain should only by bred with British fish, hooked on British made line, lured with British baits on British hooks by British anglers! If your not then who gives a damn where the fish originated from so long as they pull your line and didn't kill any existing stock when they were introduced to the water!)

As I said, I used to be so focussed on carping my second life as a Husband, father and... what was that other thing..... oh yeah I had a job somewhere too! was almost non-existant. Nowadays the only time I manage to wet a line is when I visit my mates lake in France. Not sure if you've ever fished abroad but I can strongly recommend it mate and my mates venue takes some beating for both fish quality and quantity and also the service they provide! If you're interested give us a nod and I'll see what i can do for you!

Anyway, suppose I should knock off the fish talk, supposed to be a fertility web-site this innit! sorry (especially to all you ladies who are probably yawning your heads off and wondering what the hell Patsy Kensit is doing in Emmerdale right now). For the record then, and of course in great earnest.... Good luck with your cycle mate, fingers crossed for you and the missus

As always

^cool^

catch

One final thought........... if fish is supposed to be so good for you, why are whales so fat?

G

·
Hello Lads,
as you can see this is my first post on this page good luck with everything your going through,im really nervous with what lies ahead. Looks like i will have to enter the mens solo one arm event,not to worriy i will have to get the practice in ^sperm^ ^chuckle^ my name is carl illl keep checking for any advice on things i need to know. i wish you all the best and keep hoping

later lads
^smash^

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.