3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls xxx

Lots of love and luck to you all  ;) Especially Jo  ^goodluck^

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Girls

Just back from a couple of days away in the cotswolds.

Hope....fantastic news, a miracle indeed! How lovely to have all the nurses squeezed in looking at your bubba as well! You are our inspiration!

Rachel..hope your achilles is feeling better. Glad you have a nice GP....I go and have a chat with mine every so often and she's very supportive...although not as nice as lovely Sharon I'm sure!

Jo, hope you are OK...thinking of you.Everything crossedXXXXXXXXX

Em, hope your jabs are going OK. It must be your sister's big day coming up soon, I've completey lost track.

Jodie, glad Mr B filled you with confidence. I'm sure your next appointment will come round soon, and in the meantime your PCOS is being addressed so that must be a good thing. I have PCO and had OHSS last year with another clinic, but the Priory monitored me really well and I had no adverse effects and 11 eggs, so you'll be in good hands.

Got our phone call from Mel the embryologist during lunch with my Mum! 6 of our nine surivived the thaw, although they have all lost a cell or two...apparently this is nothing much to worry about. Transfer probably tomorrow. Having a negative day today though, not sure why, just want all this to be over, but you all know that I know ^eyes^

Isobel
XXX

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi girlies,
Hope- fantastic news!! well done! waiting to hear your next scan...
Isobel- glad to hear you had a nice time, where have you been in the cotswold? I live in the cotswold, near Broadway. thank you for the compliment, ofcourse I am a nice GP...
I saw a lady today who just found out they have mf problem and hubbby is refusing to hear about IVF. I told her to give hime some space, he may come round in time.
GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU, I HOPE YOU GET LOVELY EMBIES!!
Em- hope you have a nice day and a dry one.
Rachel- I hope you're well. fingers cross for Sunny Spain, the villa sound fab.
Jodie- glad you found Mr B nice. I too have pco and I was ( and now again) on metformin. The side effects are quite horrific, but it does get better. That is why he is starting you on a low dose. the metformin helps reduce adrogens in pco in order to have a  better reponse. I fyou have too much side effects you can start with 500mg instead and increase very slowly.
Jo- How are you coping, not long now.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
sending you ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^noAF2^ ^No AF^

hi to everyone else,
love
Sharon

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi again peeps,

Em, I am feeling a bit better now especially as BB is on! Hope af comes on time for you and you can get going on the oestrogen.

Sharon, we stayed in Chipping Camden, were supposed to go walking but the weather was rubbish so we just stayed holed up in our posh hotel room watching DVDs. Just lovely. Broadway is lovely too, we were there earlier in the summer.Thanks for the thoughts for tomorrow, just hope the embies are doing their thing over there in the Priory incubator!

Isobel
XXX

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck for today Isobel  ;) I hope all goes well. Thinking of you xxxxxx

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi Girls,

Not brilliant news for us. The only embies to divide were the ones which were 4 cells when they were frozen (on day3). They were five and six cells this morning and by the time I'd composed myself ready for the transfer they'd divided again to 7 and 8 cells!! Just feel we started off with 11 fertilised eggs and we're going to end up with nothing.

Anyway, never say never those embies may suprise us!

Just glad we have our back plan, have an appointment at ARGC on 25th August.

Hope you are all having a good weekend despite the dismal weather.

Jo, I am especially thinking of you.

Isobel
XXX

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks Em, you are right.

I think I'm sad because today was the edd of our ectopic pg and I really wanted to pg again before that came around. ^eyes^

However, am determined to stay strong!

Isobel
X

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi All

Thanks all for your mssgs of support.  I am testing tomorrow, but not feeling too hopeful. DH and I are not getting on too well because he thinks I've given up.  It's not quite how it is, but I just feel pretty down. I will let you know how it goes.  Just in case any of you are interested in Assisted Hatching .... The Priory kept the 3 spare embies we had going to see if they would get to blast stage before freezing.  Only 1 got there and then appeared to die because it couldn't get out of the shell (I think Melanie used much more technical language to the DH.. but that's how he interpreted it!).  Melanie said this confirmed her thoughts that Hatching was the right thing to do. 

Isobel .... am thinking of you.  It's so hard I know to stay strong.

Hope ... I blubbed myself when I read your post.  Well done, and keep us posted.

Rachel ... thanks for the txts.... hope your OK.

Emma .... How are you?

Hi to Sharon & Jodie.

Jo ^DizzyLove^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All

Sorry haven't been around -have been down to London twice working this week

Wanted to say best or luck to Isobel and Jo.

Isobel-that's good news that your embryos have divided today, I know you must feel down with number going down, hang in there.  You never know look at Hope2.

Jo -Good luck with your test.  I have been signing on and reading all your posts. Thing with DH is perfectly normal.  Everyone is at different stages at different times.  It is so so stressful.  You have done so well with the treatment and stayed so positive and composed.
Are you going to Priory for the test?  Big hugs.  Oh I was interested in your other embies, we tried last year to grow 4 of ours on last year, no luck.  But you did well to get one to the end.  Your hatching might have worked.

We are off to have dinner with friends and are staying over and drinking wine. Tomorrow am off to parents to have a BQ and more wine..maybe.  I am now trying to be positive and get my life on track and there is a life out there to be had.  The IVF thing makes you focus on the one thing and sadly I have been getting everything out of proportion.

Has anyone got any pets my cat has been really naughty and wont stop scratching my furniture to pieces.  He has a post etc..He was a rescue one have had him 2.5 years and he did ruin my partners kitchen when we lived in London but has been up here since January.  Sorry for rambling.
Off to have some fun..

Lots of love
Sally77 xxx

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jo- good luck for today!!! I hope for good news.
Isobel- great news about your embies. I think it's great they have thawed well and devided.
Try and stay positive!

Hi to everyone else,
Sharon

·
Registered
925 Posts
Jo...wishing you all the best for today. I have everything crossed for a lovely  ^reiki^

Isobel
XXX

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi girls  ^wave^

Jo - I have everything crossed for you sweetheart xx

Isobel - Here's hoping those embies DO surprise you! Good luck xx

Em - Hows the D/R going? Just a week and you can dress up in your posh frock! I bet you're excited! xx

Sharon - How nice living near Broadway. It's such a pretty place. I love wandering round there. Hope you're ok xx

Sally - Have a glass or 2 for me aswell! Good for you, sometimes this IF takes over and we forget that we actually have a life beyond it don't we!  I hope you have enjoyed your weekend xx

Lots of love to everyone  :-*

I had a great day yesterday! We didn't get to Weston Super Mare but spent the WHOLE day shopping in Redditch!! We were so tired by 5! Our feet were killing us!!! After a cup of tea we went and got 2 bottle sof wine and a curry! It was so lovely. We watched 'How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days!' as I hadn't seen it. Was my sis's 10th or so time of watching!  ;D Had a bit of a heavy head this morning but feel fien now. Her B/F went to the Freedom Festival at Long Marston airfield. They went at 1pm yesterday and came back at 8am this morning!! What a long time! I have spent this morning mowing, cleaning digging etc etc!!! My 2 nans and my sis are coming to dinner today as my mom and dad are away so better go and get cooking!!

Lots of love, Rachel xxx

·
Registered
925 Posts
Jo, just popped in to see if any news from you, been keeping everything crossed.

Hi Sally, lovely to hear from you.Hope your weekend was fun, you are so right sometimes we need some space away from all this madness and to feel normal (ish!!!). We don't have any pets anymore as ours was fostered while we went away to Oz for a year, and then we didn't have the heart to take him back when we got home. I still miss him tonnes!

Rachel, your weekend sounded lovely too. I've never been shopping in Redditch, but the shops must be fab if you spent all day there!

Sher/Em thanks for your positive vibes, am feeling better today, just trying to be really laid back about it all!

Isobel
XXX

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Girls

Sorry no personals.  We got another BFN yesterday, so not feeling too good.  Thankfully did the test at home and DH rang the Priory today.  Not sure what we are going to do, but at the moment I feel like it's the end of the road.

Jo :'(

·
Registered
925 Posts
Oh Jo so sorry to hear that. It is just so hard and and so overwhelmingly disappointing.

Good for you and dh for doing the test at home, a very good idea I think.

One way or the other I'm sure this isn't the end of the road for you and your dreams.

Lots of love

Isobel
XX

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jo,

I'm so upset to hear your news - totally gutted for you. Really hope and pray you have the strength to carry on. 
Lots and lots of love & hugs.
Hope
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jo

Sending huge huge hugs and lots of love. Take some time out and things may seem a little clearer for you both. I am praying that you get your dream oneday  ^hugme^

Shout if you need anything.

All my love, Rachel xxxx

G

·
Jo
I am so sorry to hear of your heartbreaking bfn I am sending you a big cyber hug and will light a candle of healing for you tonight. Big Love xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jo,
I am so so sorry, these treatment are so difficult and heart breaking.
lots of love,
Sharon

·
Registered
925 Posts
Em, just wanted to say have a really great time at the wedding on saturday. I start my last set of nights tonight so may not get another chance to post.

I hope it all goes smoothly and you look fantastic in your dress!

Isobel
XXX

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.