Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls

I'll update the list tomorrow evening!  ;)

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi guys

This is my first time posting on the 2nd Tri board - it's great to make it this far!!!

Hi Chux and Kyra - good to see you over here too - and all the other recent 'graduates'.... I'm well into my maternity clothes too Kyra - in fact I had to buy some more the other day, and I found a great place that sells second-hand mat stuff, which is great cos of course it hasn't been worn too much!!

I should be having my 16 week monthly appointment with the midwife this week, but my one's on holiday and the 'replacement' one is very hard to get hold of - so I've been looking forward to hearing the heartbeat, but still don't have an appoinment - frustrating!!! And last week I had a very uncomfortable bladder infection - and I really want to check it's all gone now..... oh well, that's my moan over with - sorry!!!

Time seems to be going a little faster now - those first 12 weeks seemed endless... did anyone else feel that?

But we've been having great weather here in Wellington - it's finally looking like summer's coming at last! It still feels strange to me (I'm English really) having Fireworks night on a warm balmy evening when you have to wait til 9ish for it to get dark enough to actually see the fireworks!!! I also can't understand why that particular tradition still carries on over here, but I'm glad it does!! ;D :)

Well - I have to go and eat (AGAIN) now - it's a hungry old business this..!!!

Hope everyone's doing well.... is anybody finding out the sexes of their babies????

Cheers
lots of love

Alice
xxxxxxxx :) ;D :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Morning All,

Just checking in to see if everyone is OK.  Nothing to report from me really today.  Got a half day on Friday & we are going shopping to order our travel system, I am very excited as this will be the first baby purchase!!  Will probably start the Christmas shopping too, before I get too big!

Hope everyone is well,

Minkey x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Afternoon all,

Just a quickie to say hello. cant believe im at 19weeks today.

Its flying by now, just wait till after xmas arrghh!!!!

He He cannot wait!

Hope you are all well

Love Mand xxxxxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Everyone, I've just come over from the 1st tri board!

Several people have asked me whether I want to know the sex of the baby and when I say yes, they always go "oh no, don't do that, let it be a suprise for you' and I think ,OMG, why did you bother asking me in the first place!! Other people will always have an opinion about what you should and shouldn't do!

Cleo xx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi guys

Well I just got signed off work for 2 weeks due to 'excessive fatigue'.  I saw the midwife yesterday and she took one look at me and ordered to go to my GP and get signed off.  Gp didn't even say a week and then come back, she just said 2 weeks straight off.  I think they both scared the living daylights out of me.  I know I'm tired but I guess I thought I could just carry on like I've always done.  It's harder than I thought to stop putting my job first.  Much lecturing from fellow teachers, my mum and much feelings of guilt from dp who is beating himself up over not making me take it easier.

I'm quite relieved in some ways that I don't have to think about work and planning and 23 kids but I feel a bit pathetic that I'm not coping.  BUT I've worked too hard to get here so it's daytime TV (I hope Charlie's Angels are still on), books and magazines.

But midwife says bambam is fine and was happy with my size, blood pressure and the heartbeat (just amazes me every time).

Sorry this is all me.

Hi to all the newcomers.

love Annette

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi All,

Kyra - my next scan is 2nd Dec which will be my 20 week scan. I can't wait to see how much bubs has grown and changed.

Alice - Good to see you over here! You're right about time moving on quicker now - I think for the first 12 weeks dragged as we were panicking so much and willing the days away. In answer to your question we def don't want to find out the sex. I know a lot of people do these days but for me I feel it takes away some of the excitment. Are you going to?

Minkey - You've done well to hold off buying until 26 weeks!! I've not bought anything yet but now I've heard the heartbeat I'm desperate to go shopping.

Cleo - Good to see you over here too.

KP - DEF put your feet up and relax. Like you say, you've been through so much to get where you are that bubs must come first.

My appointment with the midwife today went well (apart from my bloods going astray so I have to have them redone) and she found the heartbeat really quickly which was amazing. I've also been feeling him/her move since Saturday though it took me a while to work out what the feeling was. Can't wait to feel him/her kicking now. When will that start??

Chux xx

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all,

I'm also posting for the first time since moving over from the first trimester board.

I struggling with clothes, all my normal clothes are getting too tight, well definitely are too tight, but the next size up is baggy around the hips although the waist is okay.  I bought some maternity trousers but they literally are just falling down.  I have to look smart next week so I reckon I need to get creative with some of my normal clothes and an elastic band instead of the button!

Chux, what does this kicking feel like?  I have been having strange sensations today, almost like twinges but not really painful.  I was wondering if it was bubs moving around/kicking.  I know you should start feeling it around now, but I don't know if the slight twinges are just other things growing, moving around.

Hope all are well.

Lynne

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi
I would say the first movements feel like bubbles in your tummy! or sometimes they feel like a fish flopping over....
I felt first movements around 15 weeks and have been feeling more definite kicks in the last week or so (I am 21 weeks and 5 days). It's a really weird sensation and guess what - ? More active in the evenings!!!
DH is desperate to feel too but I don't think he would at the moment as they feel really deep inside me. But it won't be long....
Looks like we could be moving before Xmas which I am really pleased about as this will give us plenty of time to decorate the baby room. I have already decided what I want anyway but now need to let DH think he is involved and that it was a joint decision! Oh, the games us girls play!!  ;D
Had a really hormonal moment at the weekend when I burst into tears over a pile of washing.  :( Of course now it all seems totally stupid. Has anyone else had these moments of madness???
Love
Scoop

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi All  ^wave^

Yet another graduate from the 1st tri board-just amazed I have made it this far!

Have definitely put on weight but the maternity stuff is a bit too scary for now.Can't wait to start the baby shopping-no way I could hold out till 26 weeks though!

Will catch up with you all shortly.

xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Rainbow Mums To Be

EDD 23 Jan 05 - ZoeB - ^baby2^ - off to 3rd Tri ^wave^
EDD 24 Jan 05 - GailM - ^baby2^ - off to 3rd Tri ^wave^
EDD 28 Jan 05 - Rachel 28 - ^baby2^ ^baby2^ - off to 3rd Tri ^wave^

EDD 02 Feb 05 - Lordy32 - ^baby2^
EDD 05 Feb 05 - Minkey - ^baby2^
EDD 07 Feb 05 - Luise - ^baby2^
EDD 14 Feb 05 - Moose - ^baby2^
EDD 14 Feb 05 - Jenbob - ^baby2^ ^baby2^
EDD 26 Feb 05 - Northern Lass - ^baby2^
EDD 02/03/05 - Helenab - ^baby2^
EDD 07/03/05 - NinaB - ^baby2^
EDD 08/03/05 - Wendy HP - ^baby2^
EDD 11/03/05 - Scoop - ^baby2^
EDD 14/03/05 - LindaJane - ^baby2^
EDD 17/03/05 - HollieHotLips - ^baby2^
EDD 18/03/05 - KP (Annette) - ^baby2^
EDD 19/03/05 - Sarah 102 - ^baby2^ ^baby2^
EDD 21/03/05 - Suew - ^baby2^
EDD 27/03/05 - abj - ^baby2^
EDD 28/03/05 - MrsP (Kate) - ^baby2^ ^angel^
EDD 29/03/05 - Manda73uk - ^baby2^
EDD 01/04/05 - Spinnywoman - ^baby2^
EDD 01/04/05 - Amber - ^baby2^
EDD 06/04/05 - Elly - ^baby2^ ^baby2^
EDD 09/04/05 - Christi - ^baby2^
EDD 10/04/05 - Nicj - ^baby2^ ^baby2^
EDD 10/04/05 - TraceyT - ^baby2^
EDD 14/04/05 - Lynne1 - ^baby2^
EDD 18/04/04 - Zoe M - ^baby2^
EDD 19/04/05 - Pocahontas - ^baby2^
EDD 19/04/05 - HellyBelly - ^baby2^
EDD 20/04/05 - Alice M - ^baby2^
EDD 23/04/05 - Chux - ^baby2^
EDD 25/04/05 - LizB - ^baby2^ ^angel^
EDD 25/04/05 - Cleo1 - ^baby2^
EDD 30/04/05 - Kyra - ^baby2^ ^baby2^
EDD 29/04/05 - Thirtysix - ^baby2^
EDD 30/04/05 - Cleo1 - ^baby2^
EDD 02/05/05 - mmmbop - ^baby2^
EDD 02/05/05 - Hammy - ^baby2^
EDD 03/05/05 - Sally L - ^baby2^ C/Sect 20/04/05

EDD 11/03/05 born early at 20 weeks - Minky (Caro) - ^angel^ Rest In Peace Christopher

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Mummies to Be

Welcome to the 2nd Tri ... Kyra, Thirtysix, Cleo, mmmbop, Hammy and Sally.

Good luck in "big school" ... Zoe, Gail and Rachel.

Shellym - I saw your note about joining the list.  Please can you let me know your EDD so I know which list you need to join.  I think from your profile your EDD is the 11/06/05 so this would mean you should be on the 1st Tri board.  Is this right?

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

^hello^ Everyone,
went to the first tri,to find I have been propelled into the 2nd tri  :eek: ,

good to be here and good to see some familiar names,

Can I ask for some advise please,last few days my symptoms seemed to have disappeard, EG quesiness gone, not quite so tired ,boobs have not hurt since the begginning,but still a bit bigger,not so hungry ,not quite so tired in fact feel like I want to do some decorating  ::) !?! tummy not feeling as big. is this normal? will be 15 weeks on friday, have put on 1/2 stone,but not in maternity clothes yet!
sorry to be such a worrier  :-[  but am thinking allsorts,am going to arrange for a scan,but not till next week so DH can come.thankyou for any thoughts and help with this.I have not bled so common sense is trying to say all is ok,but you know how it is.

looking forward to chatting to you all,
love
mmmbop,xxx

ps did i say not quite so tired  ;D , sorry for the repeat,

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Evening All,

How near to the top of the list am I?!?  Scary!

Welcome to all the mummies to be from the 1st Tri!

mmmbop - the 2nd tri is when you will start to feel better, so maybe you have just got to that stage, everyone is different.  Try not to worry & enjoy feeling good for a change! I didn't get into maternity clothes until about 23 weeks, so plenty of time for you. Have you got a midwife appt arranged for 16 weeks?  They can use the doppler to listen for the heartbeat & that way you wouldn't need a scan?  I know it is easier said than done, but please don't worry!

Minkey x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all
I have been for my first midwife appointment today (apart from the booking in appointment), and heard the heartbeat. Wow what a wonderful moment.  DH was with me and neither of us has stopped smiling since.   ;D

I started to feel thumper (that is what we have nicknamed it) last week.  It felt like a small mouse moving around in there, very weird.  I want to share it with DH but he will have to wait for a bit yet.

How much weight has everyone else put on?  I was a bit larger than I should have been anyway (size 16) but I seem to have put on about 10lbs already.  I am hungry all of the time, and I try to eat healthily but the weight is still adding up.  Now I have heard the heartbeat though I am cracking out the maternity uniform for work tomorrow.  Oh to feel comfortable again.

Hellybelly.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi all,

^hello^ Lynne, Thirtysix, Cleo, mmmbop, Hammy and Sally - It's great to see you over here.

Lynne - I can't feel kicking, just a feeling that can only be described as butterflies. It reminds me of when you first start going out with someone - that feeling you get in your tummy when they look at you or kiss you!!!

Scoop - I seem to have almost a daily :'( these days, sometimes for no reason whatsoever so I can't wait for the hormones to settle down!

mmmbop - my symptoms have pretty much gone too, so much so that sometimes I don't feel pregnant at all. I'm ashamed to admit I did another pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago just to be sure (it was ^reiki^ still, thank goodness!).

Hellybelly - I heard the heartbeat yesterday at the midwife's and I agree, it was totally amazing. I've probably put on about 10/12lbs already but know some of it is due to stopping dieting when I found out I was pregnant. I'm trying to keep it under control but at the same time not worry too much about it.

I'm still having terrible cramps and have been since the early days, though I thought they'd have eased off by now - this morning I sneezed and was in agony. Hope everyone else is ok and good luck to those off to the 3rd Tri - not long for you girls now. :)

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi guys

I did as advised and spent the day doing very little with my feet up.

I'm not sure exactly how much weight I've put on but it's over a stone.  Measured my bump today out of curiosity and it was 41 inches!!!!  It has now over taken my boobs!

Chux - I'm still having crampy feelings.  I sneezed this morning and thought I was going to break in half.

Bops - just be grateful you are feeling better.  The Gp told me that since I was still feeling so tired I might feel like this all the way through.  21 weeks just seems too early to be giving up work.

love Annette

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^

Minkey and Chux,thanks for your replys,xxxx

we had a new bed delivered today,half price in the sale,and DH is putting it  up with a lot of cursing and swearing as it is very heavy and the holes don't line up for the slats  ;) ,I have left the room,but I sooooo want to get in my new solid bed, our old one was so rickety it would often collapse  :eek: !!!! and the beauty is we don't have to pay till next OCT,so plenty of time to save up,we could pay now but want that money for bubs.

well sweet dreams everyone,and hopefully for me too!!!  :)

love mmmbop,xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Everyone! ;D

Just wanted to make sure you had all seen this and therefore all have the chance to enter.

The latest good news is that one of our Fertility Friends has kindly offered us a £10 Debenhams vouchers as a prize for the competition winner! ;D

So come on everyone ... get snapping ... remember, as the saying goes ........

You got to be in it to win it! ;D ;D ;D

Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

Dee said:
^PumpkinCute^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^skeleton^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^PumpkinCute^

Calling all budding photographers out there!

Fertility Friends is pleased to announce it's first ever themed funny photo competition!

To enter please post your funny photos relating to HALLOWEEN and/or BONFIRE NIGHT in the Photo Gallery by 8th November 2004.

A special album called HALLOWEEN/BONFIRE NIGHT COMPO has been set up for you to post your photos in. Please make sure that your funny photos are placed in this album so that they can be judged.

Judging will take place by Fertility Friends members after the closing date of 8th November. Each member of Fertility Friends will be able to vote for their favourite photo and details on how to do this will be posted in here.

There is no prize attached to this competition BUT the winner will have the grand honour of winning the first every Funny Photo Competition!!!

It's over to you!
Get snapping and posting those funny pics!

GOOD LUCK!!!

^PumpkinCute^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^skeleton^ ^bat^ ^bat^ ^PumpkinSmoking^ ^PumpkinCute^

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone,

mmbop, I suddenly got a lot more energy when I hit 15 weeks, I couldn;t believe it but now I am getting used to not having to go to bed at 8pm.  It is a bit variable now, some days are better than others.

I have put on about 7 pounds and I also feel hungary all the time.  I now regularly have 2 breakfasts, one at 7 and one at 9 and I have to make sure I have lots of snacks at work.  Trying to do the healthy thing and eat fruit when I get the munchies, but I do need extra carbo containing things as well!

KP hope you are feeling better now you are resting.

Chux, I am still trying to feel these butterflies, I think I felt something this morning.  The trouble is there is so much else going on down there, a little bit of cramping, twinges etc.

My nose seems to be blocked up all the time and my eyes are quite often puffy.  Is this another pregnancy symptom or have I developed an allergy to something?  Anyone else with this symptom?

Lynne

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.