3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home  :)

Lots of love and luck to you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Rachel x

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just saying hi so I can keep up to date with everyone's news  :)

Jayne

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hi girls

Hope you're enjoying the weekend - especially now the sun is out! :)

Just when I though all was going well with the house sale, our gas fire is buggered!!  It's not been working for a while, but the guy who came out claimed he could get the part to fix it.  Now after about 4 weeks of badgering him, he can't get the part as the manufacturers has gone bust.  ^bigbad^ So looks like we'll have to replace the whole lot!!  Will have to call the solicitors on Monday and see what the best thing is to do.

Hannah - don't worry, as th girls have said, we where all newbies once, and believe me, I'm still learning things!  Don't be afraid to ask the nurses to repeat things if you miss something, I'm sure they're used to it.  I bring in a note book and scribble things down when they're chatting, then hopefully I'm able to remember some of it!!  Have fun in London  ^hugme^

Doodler - Not sure about dusting more, all I could see was how dirty my windows were, as had the window cleaner due on Thursday before the viewings were to start!  Glad you've been able to find some sort of solution for the house, hope you can squeeze everything in, or is this a chance for a good clear out?  ;)  Tues at Crammond Brigg sounds great, will see you there, and looking forward to meeting Max!

Katerina - Hoping you're able to make it to the meet, would be good to see you.  How did your all day meeting go?  Saying as we've had a run of boys, maybe Maz'll surprise us with a wee girl!

Helen - Wow, your treatment has come round quite fast!  Sounds like you're all prepared with your vitamins - as Vonnie said 90mg of Coenzyme Q10 is recommended.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for starting.

Vonnie - how has the clear out gone?  Think I'll need to make a start on that soon too, to try to minimise the amount of packing I'll have to do!  Looks like the sun's set to stay til tomorow, so think a walk in the Pentlands, followed by Sunday lunch in Floterstone Inn would be called for!!

Jayne - how you doing hun? ^hugme^ Any more news on your tests?  Keeping fingers and toes and everything else I've got crossed for you for Tuesday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Maz - hope everything is going well for you and bubba  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Hoping to hear some lovely news soon  ^hugme^

Off to find something for tea and put my feet up.
Take care
Dawnxx

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
hi girls not got long

just wanted to let you know that maz had a wee girl last night (5.40pm) named lily nicole, 7lb 7oz, mum and baby doing well and were hoping to get home today.

jayne hows pee sticks going?? time yet

jan have you made decicsion re donor?? lifes a [email protected] aint it, good luck what ever you decide.

doodler where is cramond brig? not sure if i can make tues, could do mon or wed if lots of people cant make tues, if not have fun and will catch up next tiem. Hope you get af soon, its frustrating not knowing what is happening isnt it. I dont know what is going on with me, feeling quite crampy now, who knows.

ok hi to everyone else will catch up with you all soon

kirsty xxx

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hello everyone ^wave^

Just on very briefly -

Dawn - hope you can get the fire sorted out with minimal hassle and expense ^fingerscrossed^ Hmm, hope I have got the lucky touch just now as I am putting all my energy into sending sticky vibes to you and Jayne and hoping these are the embies that will bring you little bundles of joy in 9+ months time ^fingerscrossed^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^

Jayne - sending some of those sticky vibes and luck your way too ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^fingerscrossed^ We had quite a low HCG reading this time on testing, so those pee sticks might not pick anything up before test day so don't lose hope :)

Helen - as Vonnie and Dawn said, 90mg is the recommended level for coenzyme Q10 :)

Maz - totally over the moon for you and massive congratulations to you on the birth of Lily Nicole (gorgeous name too :) ) ^storkgirl^ ^itsagirl^ ^congrats^ ^babycrawl^

Got to dash - stupid back too sore to sit at laptop any longer :mad:

Best wishes,
Elaine ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congratulations Maz!!!

Looking forward to seeing a photo of Lily Nicole soon.

Take Care

Fiona x ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^ ^pinkted^

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just a quickie,

Congratulation Maz on the safe arrival in Lily Nicole, hope your both home now relaxing and catching up on some sleep.

Off not for a wee wander in my new boots.

Vonnie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing ok...good luck on wherever you are in treatment. xx ^Cuddle^

Love
Lorna xx

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations Maz!  ^congrats^ That's wonderful news.  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^itsagirl^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Hope Lily and you get some sleep soon! 

love
Katerina x

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just lost my message so sorry have to try to keep round 2 short and sweet.

Maz - congratulations!   ^congrats^ so pleased to hear your news, hope you are all well.

Dawn - hope you are well on the 2ww, wishing you lots of sticky vibes.  Congratulations on selling your house so quickly.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jayne - fingers crossed for Tuesday.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Clarabelle - how are you getting on.  Are you still having your appointment on Tuesday?  If so, good luck, will be thinking of you.  ^reiki^ ^goodluck^

Hannah - good luck with your revision, lucky you having three weeks study leave.  I also have exams the same week so can relate as am also due in for my scan end May/beginning June.  Its a case of prioritising emotions and panics right now but like Jayne said, good distraction! 

Helen -hope you manage to fit in your scan, am due round about the same time.  Boots sell Q10 in 100mg pills, DH takes it too.  He is on much the same as Vonnie mentioned plus L'Arginine & L'Carnitine & folic acid.  Basically I am chucking everything I read about at him and some nuts and seeds, to his disgust!

Elaine - hope you are well and that the indigestion has settled.

Hope you have a good meet, this week isnt that great for me unfortunately.  Hopefully can make one soon, particularly for those of us cycling soon?

Can anyone answer a question about scans/dummy transfers appointments at ERI please?  I think I recall the nurse saying something about appointments being at a specific time, possibly mid morning, is that right?  Also, once AF arrives, are you guaranteed an appointment asap?  Thanks, am trying to mentally plan how will fit it in.

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all well.

Chook

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
hi girls

lorna ignore my last post i may be able to make tomorrow night, what time is the meet??

jayne how are you bearing up?

at work back for personals later

k x

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hi girls

my broadband is barely up these days but whilst it is...

I'm still testing negative so don't think it'll be a positive result for us tomorrow.  At least this way, I'm a bit prepared for the result.  Obviously we're waiting for the official result but it's better to be prepared.  I have my MRI scan results tomorrow and appointment with the neurologist so it really is better ta have an inkling which way it's going before I meet up with him.  Off out today to buy some books for my holday and maybe some nice lotions on the John Lewis card (which is Stuarts)  ;D

Won't risk any longer on here so will say toodlepip til tomorrow  :)

Jayne

whilst it's still up...I just wanted to thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts and positive vibes throughout this time.  It's amazing how much I've come to rely on all of you (even though we've never met)  Thanks  ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Jayne- thinking of you honey ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Praying for a turn around tomorrow and good luck with the MRI results ^reiki^ ^reiki^Its a lot to be dealing with in one day.

Kirsty- I THINK WE SAID 6PM at Cramond Brig which is a pub/restaurant- last building on the right as you leave Edinburgh on Queensferry Road- you know the one you'd take to the bridge A90.Hope you can come. :)

Chook-poor you having exams too :-\ ^reiki^ ^reiki^You're right about L-arginine and L-carnitine for the men-I've added what's in the prescribed mens supplements by consultants in US- its been clinically proven  to improve sperm over 3mths so it'll give Helen an idea of what to give hers ;)
As far as I remember you do get a mid morning slot for dummy transfer to give them more time but they may still run late depending on how many EC that day etc.Also when you phone in with AF they will scan you in the 1st 5 days- again just depends on their schedule- you might get taken next day  or on day 5. ;)

elaine- you seem to be in the wars so far- remember to cast it up when junior is being a difficult teenager ^bigbad^ ;D Hope your symptoms ease off soon.

dawn- how is your headspace? ??? ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ Wishign for your miracle this time around.

Maz- you lucky ducky ^hugme^ posted you over by. hope you're doing well.

Hello to everyone else.

So far I think Dawn, Jan, Helen, me , (Max!) and maybe Kirsty are coming to meet up-have I missed anyone? Everyone is welcome and you can stay just for a quick drink or for something to eat- no pressure ;) :)

PROCEPTIN ( can order on web from US but cheaper to make up yourself) Dose is 6 capsules for men with proven infertility/sperm  DNA fragmentation, 4 caps for men with mild problems and 2 for men with no probs.

Amount Per 6 Capsules % Daily Value
Vitamin A (as vitamin A acetate) 250 I.U. 5%
Vitamin C (as L-ascorbic acid USP) 250 mg 417%
Vitamin E  (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 400 I.U. 1333%
Vitamin B6(as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 2 mg 100%
Folic Acid (as folic acid USP) 800 mcg 200%
Vitamin B12(as methylcobalamin) 1,500 mcg 25000%
Zinc (as zinc sulfate) 40 mg 267%
Selenium (as selenium Krebs complex) 200 mcg 286%
L-Carnitine (as L-carnitine USP) 2,000 mg *
Pycnogenol®** Pine Bark (Pinus maritima) 70 mg *
dried extract
Coenzyme Q10(as ubiquinone) 10 mg *
Ferulic acid 10 mg *
Proceptin®
Atargeted nutritional formula including fat- and water-
soluble antioxidants and metabolic co-factors. Designed
to provide nutritional support for male reproductive
function.*

dx

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi girls,

sorry for not posting a lot - am busy, but the flat is now clean AND tidy and now I only have to do the 'fun bits' before my parents arrive - a monster mega shop for nice food and wino ...  ::)

Just a quick few personals with a HUGE apology for not catching up with everyone:

Maz - CONGRATULATIONS - I remember meeting you with your 3 or 4 months bump and now you have a little girl. Life can be so good. Wishing you the very best for the future!!  ^hugme^

Jayne - you are in my thoughts. Especially tomorrow.  ^hugme^

Meeting up - is this meant to happen tomorrow (20th) or next week?? Sorry, lost the plot. I can make tomorrow!! The link for the pub is this: www.cramondbrig.com

Hope to see you,

love

Caroline Anne

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Caroline Anne- sorry hon if i missed you- had a funny feeling I hadn't mentioned everyone!yes tomorrow at 6pm- look forward to seeing you.

I was going to give you a description of myself but I'll be the one with the dog out front if its not raining! I'm 5'4" with dark shortish bob.Oh and my names Lorna but i try not to use that on here ; )

·
Registered
297 Posts
Maz- ^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^ ^pinkted^ ^cloud9^ ^festival^ ^itsagirl^ ^spin^

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Lily !!

Jayne - thinking of you through the next few days. Keeping everything crossed for you. I hope your MRI goes well. Big Hugs ^hugme^

Dawn- good luck with 2ww madness - how are you bearing up ? I week down already. ^reiki^

I might make meet up as I can take a detour to Crammond on my cycle home from work .

Hi to everybody  x x

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hi everyone,

Jayne, thinking of you for the next couple of days, sending you loads of postive vibes for tomorrow.  Hope the MRI goes well,  ^hugme^.

I can't make it tomorrow, DH is going in for a small op on Wednesday so I need to sort things out for him but I hope you all have a great time.

Anyway better go for now.

Take care everyone, Vonnie

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sorry you can't make it Vonnie- wish your DH the best from us.
dx

·
Registered
602 Posts
Will do doodler, he's getting his ganglion cut out but he's been told he'll be in plaster for 2 weeks so he wil no doubt milk it for all is worth.

Vonnie

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.