Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^help^

Does Santa only deliver ( sign off ) Christmas stocking gifts, or ?
do we send money to Santa for everything bought buy Mum and Dad ;)
DH says everything comes via Santa even gifts from aunts & uncles !

What happens in your house ?
^stocking^ ^santa^ ^stocking^ ^santa^ ^stocking^ ^santa^ ^stocking^ ^santa^ ^stocking^ ^santa^

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
We always got one present from mum and dad, all presents from family members were from family members and Santa brought us usually 1 main present and then other smaller ones all of which were made by santas elves so no money required  ;D We will be sticking to that idea although not entirely convinced about the elf thing  ;D we will take it as it comes on that one!

Kiah xxx

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
We have to have presents under the tree cause there is no room to store them in our house.....so what we do is say that presents under the tree are from family members but all the santa ones (from us) are obviously not here yet!! 

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
we have santas stocking which are very small so have lots of little things in them, they get one big present from Santa and the rest are from us.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Presents from Aunts, Uncles, friends etc are under the tree & from them (so DS can say thank you for them...)

Our presents are from Santa & we don't buy for DS from us.

We don't have a tradition as yet though so this could all change next year I tend to go with whatever comes into my head at the time  :)

I do know people who use Santa as a postal service though  :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
everything is delivered by santa in our house but we make sure the kids know who sent the present to him so he could deliver it.  That way they can say thank you
DC

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ooh a mixed bag already, Thank you

keep them coming x x

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
stocking is from santa and will be just little presents, everything else if from us/family (DH disagrees though, but I won the arguement LOL)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Santa delivers a stocking upstairs, then a few bigger presents downstairs.

We give a present each to the children and place it under the tree along with presents from family/friends.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Whatever ds asks for in his letter to santa (and when he see's him) is what is from santa plus a stocking. His other presents are from us and family ones are from family.

A friends 6 year olds presents are from santa and he's asked why mummy and daddy dont buy him anything  ::)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Hmm. DD is only 4 so until now hasnt really questioned where the presents have come from. But I would like her to say thank you for her presents, so this year I will tell her who has given her presents.

She found one of DS presents at MILs house and told me we didnt need to ask Santa for it anymore because grandma had bought it  ::) . So I have gone with: family choose presents to help Santa and they send them to Santa to deliver.

So I will tell DD that the main present is from Santa and the rest that we have bought are from us.

My mum, dad and brothers live in another town and due to snow (and bugs) havent managed to see them to hand over presents for a few weeks. We will be going there on christmas day so this year presents from Granny Grandpa and Uncles wil be delivered by Santa to Grannys house. This works out ok as there will be so much from us, MIL and SIL to open at home and as we are staying a few days at Grannys dont need to take so many toys with us.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Here the stocking presents are from Father Christmas ^santa^

The tree presents, which we don't open until after lunch, are from whoever sent them be it us or friends / relatives

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
we had this debate when doing the wrapping.  I grew up an only child and most under the tree didn't have labels so were for me and from santa (easy when it was just me no having to work out who for). We have decided as this is 1st yr they have really got into it most are from santa and and a few are from us.  DD1 has seen us buy some and we told her we had to help santa which she accepted.  Presents from other relatives have gone to santa. 

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
❁BG2007❁ said:
Here The tree presents, which we don't open until after lunch, are from whoever sent them be it us or friends / relatives
Ah we were just talking of tree presents today and that not many people seem to follow this tradition anymore. I felt like a minority until I read this ::)

S x

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Now i'm confused....what are tree presents then?  Just the presents under the tree???  I thought most people did this?

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I don't know what others do for tree presents but my MIL places some small presents (1 each noramlly) actually in the tree and they can't be opened until the tree comes down. I'd never heard of tree presents until I met DH

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
We used to have little tree presents or tree chocolates at least - our tree didn't go up until Christmas eve and stayed up strictly for the 12 days of Christmas.  So when it came down we got little tree presents.

I didn't grow up believing in Santa, I knew it was all from my parents, but we used to have lovely little 'traditions' where my brother and I would open our stockings together, then go into my older brothers' room - they shared, and watch them open theirs, then go to mum and dad's room and watch them open their stockings.  My dad would lock the front room and make us have breakfast before we could have our main presents under the tree  :mad: ;D

We are doing Santa - but only stockings, and everything put under the tree is from us or friends/relatives

Claire x

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
PiePig said:
Now i'm confused....what are tree presents then? Just the presents under the tree??? I thought most people did this?
Tree presents to me are just more presents under the tree. So for example in W/G's stockings from FC they have things like a train for their set, a plate set, a jigsaw, new crayons. Under the tree they have two presents each from us, W had a scooter and a remote controlled car and G has a Scramblebug and a toy tractor. And they have whatever else people have bought for them ;)

~ S ~ said:
❁BG2007❁ said:
Here The tree presents, which we don't open until after lunch, are from whoever sent them be it us or friends / relatives
Ah we were just talking of tree presents today and that not many people seem to follow this tradition anymore. I felt like a minority until I read this ::)
What, you mean not opening until after lunch? I love having that gap, makes it even more special for me (actually as children we had to wait until after the Queen's speech but I'm not sure W or G will be that interested ;D )

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Ahhh loving this chat and hearing of everyones traditions, I have been asking all my friends recently what they did with their older children.  We always went to bed with a new pair of pj's on christmas eve and I've made sure I've carried this on. 
My nan always had little gifts wrapped up and placed in the Christmas tree which we were allowed after tea, however this just ensured that from about 2pm onwards my cousins, brother, sister and I drove all the adults mad by aking if it was tea time yet  ::)

One friend told me the other day that her 8yr daughter had asked if FC was true as a girl in her class had said he wasn't and it was your parents who bought your gifts, so my friend asked her what did she think, so after a minutes or so thought she replied ''nah, you'd never get us that much''  ;D 

Have a lovely Christmas everyone  ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Oh yes...under tree presents are definitely an after lunch thing!!!

Just a girl - bless your friends daughter!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.