Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in my wait before the waiting list for IVF/ICSI, let me explain.

I have PCOS, my partner has generally low sperm in all areas. We have been told we will need IVF/ICSI, we get 1 try on the PCT and we meet all the criteria apart from the weight, i need to lose about 5lbs, but in the months since being told i need to lose the weight i have started weight watchers and left weight watchers and the weight has not changed. I am starting to get disheartened, the doctor suggested applying and stating that i was attending WW but we got rejected. I really don't know what I'm going to do.... At the moment i am starting my lent in which i am giving up bread and yeast products and by this i am hoping as a secondary result i will lose the weight.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi, I was in the same position as you and the clinic sugested low carbing being good for getting the weight off, I did this intitially to get the weight down to start treatments. My weight has been up and down for years and the best sucess seems to be with Slimming world. I have mostly red days with a few green days mixed in. There is also extra easy although i havent tried that yet but might use that more to maintain my weight once i get it down

good luck xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts