Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Little advice would be much appreciated...will be going to London from Ireland for my IVF in March and will be bringing our little one with us, was wondering are there any good things to do an 18mth old, are things like the science museum too old for her? Will have a lot of time off between scans etc so would b great to have a plan...

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
Gosh 18 months is quite a hard age when it comes to London entertainment....  possibly just going on the buses and trains will be quite exciting for her!!!

The Science Museum in general is possibly a bit too old, but in the basement there's a bit for children which has water play, stuff with beanbags, mirrors etc - it's supposed to demonstrate scientific principles but basically it's a playarea!  It can get quite busy though.

If the weather's OK, then any of the parks would be nice, St James' possibly the best...... and Coram Fields which is a children's garden.

The London Aquarium is expensive, but might be a good thing to do with her, it has huge tanks so it's quite accessible for little ones.  I think DS was 2 when I first took him there.

Perhaps the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden, lots of buses and tubes to look at, sadly not that many you can go on though there are a few you can sit in, and downstairs it has a small children's play area with a transport theme.

If you have a bit of time, I would travel to outer London a bit, on my side of London (sorry I don't know north, south or east so well!) you could go to Kew Gardens, the steam museum at Kew, Osterley Park,  Syon Park (has a reptile house and massive soft play called Snakes & Ladders), the London Wetlands Centre at Barnes is great, I take my two there all the time, you can walk there, see all manner of ducks and birds, go pond dipping, if it's not dry out it has a good indoor area with more educational games as well as a good cafe.

Hope the cycle goes well and you find lots to do

Claire x

·
Registered
955 Posts
Something I use to take visitors with small children on was a boat trip down the thames (nicer in good weather) but doable in wet weather.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The National Army Museum also has a good softplay room (and it's free as it's a museum)  :)  good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, will definitely try some of them out. Was in our Natural History Museum yesterday and thought yours is so much better so think I'll take her there...our

Mrs CW, we live in the city centre but funnily enough she's never been on a bus or train so you're right will prob be a novelty, think we're staying with friends in north london so they may have park suggestions for their area..

thanks again..

·
Registered
955 Posts
Where abouts in North London are they?, we use to live in barnet and I can let you know things to do in that area if relevant.

Barnet girl

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Dazey

have you discovered Netmums (not to be confused with Mumsnet)?  They organise their boards by region and have listings of things to do, classes, parks, restaurants etc in each area, with reviews by parents.  If we are going away in the UK, I usually check out the board for where we are going.  You have to join that area in order to access the local info, but you just unsubscribe after the trip.

Wishing you all the best for your next IVF

EG x

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
kids garden at 5the science museu5m 55,yes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts