Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello we have just had a BFN last month and we are now thinking about adoption could anyone please tell me the first steps you have to take and who to see. any advise welcome.
Diazzy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the adoption boards!  ^hugme^

There are some lovely people on here who have a wealth of experience to assist with any queries.

We started by making a phone call to our local authority. Found number in yellow pages! We didn't know then but do know now that we could have contacted independent adoption agencies in the area too.

In our case it was one relatively painless phonecall and then an information evening to begin with.

I'm sure there are others who will give you their experiences.

One thing to mention is that we hadn't actually had an treatment after our diagnosis so it was straightforward for us. Most agencies have a waiting time of 6 months - 1 year before you can start the process after fertility treatment.

Best of luck in your journey.

Our DS is the light of our lives and short of marrying my husband adopting our boy is the best thing I have ever done!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your replie might dig yellow pages out cupboard now and give someone a call tomo let you know how i get on.
diazzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.