Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have been thinking about becoming a sperm donor for some time now but just don't know how to go about it.
I want to do it because i feel the need to 'give something back' once we have realised our dream with the help of a surrogate mother.
The thought of giving a sample to a clinic and not know what happens to it just does not appeal to me, i don't expect contact with any such child that would be born because of my help - but i would like to know that i helped somebody, and maybe stay in contact by email/phone every now and again.

Any suggestions on what i can do? or even if that is possible?

xx

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
First of all, thank you. My advice would be to contact your local fertility clinic and explain what you would like to do. There is a rigorous counselling programme where everything is discussed. You will have all of the necessary tests and sperm can only be used after at least six months so even then you have options to change your mind.
Sam x

·
Registered
403 Posts
Craig - just wanted to add to Going it Alone's thank you.  Without wonderful men like you I would not have my beautiful son.  I really hope you can work out how to donate in a way that is rewarding to you too.  All best wishes for you & your family

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Grace.
Thanks for your kind words :)

Yes i have to agree that it is a wondeful thing to do, and to think that with my help i could make somebody complete, that drives me to want to do it more and more.
I am willing to have all the tests under the sun to assure all is good to do it, but i feel that i would like to know the person/couple i will be helping.
I don't expect any relationship with such child that would be brought into the world with my help, but the idea of my stuff just being labled with an id code in a freezer in a clinic is something that i may have to have a think about a bit more.... i think it would be important to me to know who i was helping.
xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts