Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I won't bore you with my history but in a nushell we have MF and immune problems. I have twins from our first ICSI and BFN's since then. Our last cycle was at the Lister, we had IMSI and transferred a 3BC blast - BFN. I know think we need to go to the best clinic in terms of embryologists as my DH's sample was not great quality and I know I habe high tnf (50 something!!!) and my NK's were 20%. I had IVIG at the the lister but still a BFN.

We are looking to cycle at the end of the year, a long way off, but I guess I will need humira so that adds on a couple of months.

My main concern is that the twins are at school now which will make getting to the ARGC for 7.30 nearly impossible - what time is the latest you can have daily bloods taken? (BTW we live in London but takes about 30 mins to get to ARGC on tube from our station)

Has anyone cycled at ARGC when they have older children to care for?

Many thanks for any answers/advice

Wishing you all success in your journey xxxx

p.s hi to Jo11 if you are reading, I'm keeping up with your diary - I'm sure ARGC will work its magic for you hun xx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi Louise

Sorry, I'm not going to be very helpful as I really don't know what the latest you can have daily bloods taken is. You definitely don't need to be there for 7.30 on the dot - I should think that if you had them done before 8.30 you'd probably be fine (on occasion I'd wait till 8.30ish having got there at 7.30!). My main reason for getting in early was that it interfered less with work. Maybe worth giving the clinic a call if no one can give you an answer.

Tabith x

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Louise

You don't have to have bloods at 7.30 on the dot, I think before 10 is OK during the first week. But when you start on repeats ( usually the second week) they like you to have them earlier so they can call you for 2nd bloods (usually around 11.30/12)
Quite often pm scans are done around 2.30/3pm so may make your pick up tricky too.
First week of stimms is definitely do-able but I think you would struggle without help for the second.

Good luck with your decision.

Loobieloobs x

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies  :)

I feel better knowing there is a little leeway with timings, I should be able to get childcare for the 2nd week and EC/ET but would like to try and keep things as normal as possible for the twins.

I will send of for my appt after the summer and I'm sure I'll be back with more Q's then.

Thanks again x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi. DD was at school too. I use to drop her off and then get the train in. It took 2 hours and I use to get there at about 10.45. I just explained the situation to them and they were fine. To be honest by the time I got in there were people still waiting for scans and bloods from early on in the morning so I missed the queues. I use to be able to get the train home and be back in time to pick DD up too. Nearer to egg collection you'll need help but up till then you'll be fine x

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Slinkyfish  :)  I'm feeling more positive about being able to go to ARGC, from reading other posts I thought I'd have to camp outside the clinic's doors!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts