Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls, looking for some help and advice! ;D
Finally got our BFP, its still early days but if we're lucky enough to continue the pregnancy we will have to move to a more baby friendly house ::)
The 2 areas we are looking at are Cambridgeshire and Oxfordshire - the girls on the cambridgeshire thread have been fab with areas to avoid or areas that are nice and I was wondering if I could ask the same of you?? ;D
Just been for a drive to Banbury and that seemed nice - as did Bloxham?? ::) But any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance
Yonny xx

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Congratulations!! 

It kind of depends what you're looking for - what would your ideal location be like?  Town, village etc.  Give us a clue and we'll throw up some ideas!!  Personally I love West Oxfordshire, which is where we are; beautiful countryside and not too far from anywhere :)

xx Clare

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well we live in a little village at the mo which is fine but Im quite happy to look at towns as well - I just really dont know the area atall and would be grateful for the names of areas eaither that are nice or best avoided!!! ::)
When you say west oxfordshire can you give me the name of some places there ? :) Im sure its lovely and Id like to have a look!! :)
Thanks for replying and hope to hear from you again!!
Yonny x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Yonny I live in a town called Witney and LOVE IT!

Other towns and villages are, standlake, ducklington, bampton, aston, stanton harcourt, eynsham, burford, carterton, shilton, chipping norton, long hanborough and lots besides!!

Hope this helps.

Bev x

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOOhhh thanks Bev thats fab!!!! :-*  Im going to get the map out and do me a route!!!! :)
Can you think of anywhere best avoided?? ::)
Yonny xx

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
ooh, that's a question best avoided I think!!!  There are lots of places in Oxfordshire I wouldn't want to live, but I'd never post on here - I'd be bound to offend! ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Incidentally, Thame is one of my favourite market towns; lots of facilities, nice atmosphere, places to eat, good schools, close to motorway & rail links... 

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Yonny i'm NOT going to pass comment on where to avoid - we are all very individual and no doubt somewhere i'd hate someone else would love... have a drive round, i'm very much 'a get a feel of it kinda girl'..... (Seana thats not an offer  ^roflmao^)

Bev xx

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey struthie!!! :) My gosh its been ages!!!! ;D
Yes, six yrs later we seem to have done it! Fingers crossed!!!!! ::) and we're ready for a move !
Can you suggest anywhere ? Youre in Oxfordshire right? :)
Love
Yonny x

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Nooo I'm in Amersham in Bucks,move this way it's lovely!!

I'm so pleased for you,thought I was seeing things when I spotted your ticker  ;D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you sweetie! :-* I did post on the BFP board to let all my old pals know! ::) Its only 7 weeks so very early days but its the furthest Ive ever been!!! Ill let you know how it goes! :-*
To all out other oxfordshire ladies, please keep posting any tips you might have for me - Im off on a reccie this weekend! ;D
Thanks
Yonny xx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sorry to but in.

Chalgrove is a fantastic little village to bring up a family (I lived there 5 years ago) We will also be looking to move, we are looking at Thame & Chinnor.

Sharon xx

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sharon !!! Thank you sweetie!! :) really appreciate your input! I understand everyone has different likes and dislikes but it really helps me to know if certain places are best avoided - even if it is personal opinion! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again everyone for helping me - we're off out this weekend to have a nosey so will let you know!!!

Yonny x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Please please use pms if you want to make negative comments about a location; it may be personal opinion, but it is also someone's home :(

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
yonny said:
Sharon !!! Thank you sweetie!! :) really appreciate your input! I understand everyone has different likes and dislikes but it really helps me to know if certain places are best avoided - even if it is personal opinion! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again everyone for helping me - we're off out this weekend to have a nosey so will let you know!!!

Yonny x
Definitely a personal opinion. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Other places which are lovely are Wallingford, Watlington (although Watlington can be busy with traffic) and Benson - I only know little parts of Oxfordshire, but these are the areas I like and would consider.

Sharon xx

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi - I'm in Chalgrove and love it!  We have doctors/pharmacy, primary school, couple of shops/newsagent and three pubs!

We moved up from London 4 years ago and looked at loads of places in South Oxfordshire and across the M40 - I'm a bit of a city girl so we looked at larger villages as some of the smaller hamlets were going a step too far (and why did nobody ever tell me that not everyone has mains gas ;D - made a right idiot of myself when I asked why everyone had water butts in the garden!). 

Chinnor was great and I agree with ClareMack about Thame - we go there a lot and really like it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Hi,

I've lived in Oxfordshire my whole life until 2.5 years ago. I grew up in Woodstock - a picturesque town that has schools, services, supermarket etc. Also the surrounding villages such as Bladon, Long Hanborough, Stonesfield and Wootton are all lovely. I've also lived in Witney - lovely too. I liked Woodstock because you are only 30 mins from Oxford (with good bus links) and have Blenheim Park on your door step for a scenic walk or stroll.  :)

Jen XXX

1 - 19 of 19 Posts