Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have not been on the site for a while and just felt I needed to get in touch with people who understand about what I'm going through. I have just started on my third attempt of ICSI. The first attempt ended very early when I didn't produce any follicles. I was absolutely devastated and thought my chance of a baby had gone. As many people will understand I picked myself up and prepared to have another try with an increase in the meds. Our second attempt was much more successful - I managed four mature eggs, 3 fertilised and two were put back. I was so happy just to make it to that stage. Then we had the 2ww and got the amazing news that I was pregnant - and the levels were really quite high. I'm sure you can imagine how happy we were. Unfortunately that did not last very long and a few days later I started bleeding and then had bleeding and pain. I knew I was miscarrying. It was awful and I don't think it is ever something any woman really gets over. However we humans have hope and after a break from it all we are having another go. This time round my clinic has been unable to prescribe the nasal spray to down reg so I have to do two injections a day - its not too bad but not something you get used to. Anyway I just felt the need to tell my story and wish each and every one all the best in their treatment. Thanks for listening.
Hannah x

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Good luck Hannah.  I hope the pee stick gives you wonderful news soon!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi Hannah

Sorry to read about your loss. Really wish this is your time!! I am currently on 2WW of my 5th cycle [with 1 BFP and then miscarried] and feeling the nerves. You sound like a strong woman who has picked herself up and is starting again. I admire your spirit and send you masses of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ .

Love
Floss

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for your good wishes. Floss I wish you lots of luck with this one and hope it is a BFP with a successful outcome. I think we are all strong women who experience problems with fertility, although we may not always feel it!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Hannah

Good luck! You know what they say 3rd time lucky!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
How far into treatment are you? I start stimms w/c 24th Jan for my second icsi.
Lots of  ^fairydust^

Dawnxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Hannah

I am on my 3rd attempt for my 2nd child, first ivf had poor response, second ivf I had two blastos with a`low amh
and didnt make it through the 2ww it broke my heart before christmas, I feel really worried but seem to be trying
to prepare myself this time..its really hard isnt it but trying to remain focussed where are you in your cycle I am down regging and
start my stims friday.....good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi miss mischeif good luck for starting stimms tomorrow! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hannah are you down regging? I am doing the short protocol so i am taking the pill and then going straight to stimms! Really starting to get nervous now!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

lots of  ^fairydust^ to both of you

Dawn xxx

·
Registered
222 Posts
good luck for your scan on friday! ^hugme^

I get my drugs delivered on Thursday and i start stims next week!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Floss

I'm on my 2ww too.  Testing 21/1.

Fingers crossed for us all.

x

·
Registered
636 Posts
MadeinBelfast and everyone else good luck to all of you. I am gonna be really naughty tmrw and test early. Test date is 23rd!

Floss

·
Registered
115 Posts
Floss

I keep threatening to test early too but DH & I agreed again tonight to leave it until Friday.

It's in mother nature's hands now & beyond our control.

Good luck for the weekend & keep in touch.

x

·
Registered
636 Posts
I tested and got BFN:-(

good luck to you all
Floss

·
Registered
115 Posts
Floss I'm sorry to hear that but on another thread a member said she tested 4 days early & got a BFN but at her clinic the blood test showed a BFP.  Test again on your OTD.

x

·
Registered
325 Posts
Floss - try again on the 23rd x Hope you get yoiur BFP
Good luck to the rest of you

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Hannah,

Oh Crikey, You're story sounds just like mine,
I'm starting to Down reg on the 28th, I am quite exited about it (May sound strange!!) It'll be my 3rd attempt. My first ended in a negative, My second ended in my longed for pregnancy, but like you I started to miscarry after 2 weeks- I was gutted~ this was in October, and I am on the rollercoaster again.
The way how I see it is I am getting closer each time, maybe it doesn't work that way, but we reached so many mile stones last time.

All the very best, lets hope we're both celebrating soon (with Orange juice ofcourse) xxx

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.