Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I think these are not to good. Having read the immune issues thread I am a little clearer but no matter how much i read, the less it sinks in......
We have seen the consultant but it was a lot to take in, and by the time we had finished felt as though my head had been put through a mangle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NK Assay (% killed) panel

50:1 16.4 (highlighted) 15 is the norm so im told by consultant
25:1 6.9
12.5 4.2

IgG cone 12.5 50:1 5.7 )
IgG cone 12.5 25:1 5.9 ) think all these should be below 30% - so this is good ???
IgG cone 6.25 50:1 7.9 )
IgG cone 6.25 25:1 5.3 )

% CD3 82.9 (within range 60-85,just about)
% CD19 8.3
% CD 56 6.1
% CD19+ cells CD5+ 1.2 (highlighted) range 5-10, so thinking this not so good either

TH1:Th2 cytokine ratios

TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) 41.3 (highlighted) 13.2 - 30.6 range - so this over
IFN-g: IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) 7.4

Lukocyte Antibody Detection
Flowcytometry Negative
T cells IgM+ 1.7
T cells IgG+ 3.2
B Cells IgM+ 5.0
B Cells IgG+ 16.1

DQ Alpha Genotype = me 0102, 0303,
DH 0101, 0105

PAI-1 4g/5G Heterozygous Mutated To take Metformin

We are still waiting for dh LAd results ,thanks to the clinic here they never even noticed that the RFU hadnt even sent them, I noticed they appeared on the bill we paid, saw we had no results given to us, and rang the clinic to tell them. Bit shoddy that.

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
SamJ said:
[NK Assay (% killed) panel

50:1 16.4 (highlighted) 15 is the norm so im told by consultant ***yes, this is a bit high***
25:1 6.9
12.5 4.2

IgG cone 12.5 50:1 5.7 )
IgG cone 12.5 25:1 5.9 ) think all these should be below 30% - so this is good ??? ***no, you want them under 15% and you want them to be lower than the ones above - these are the ones where IVIG has been added to the test tube and your's show that ivig makes the killing power come down so its indicative that if you used ivig, hopefully, your NKa would come down well below the 15% target***
IgG cone 6.25 50:1 7.9 )
IgG cone 6.25 25:1 5.3 )

% CD3 82.9 (within range 60-85,just about) ***this is your proportion of T cells***
% CD19 8.3 ***proportion of B cells***
% CD 56 6.1 -***proportion of NK cells***
% CD19+ cells CD5+ 1.2 (highlighted) range 5-10, so thinking this not so good either *** subset of B cells that tend to be associated with autoimmune activity - its not really something I'd worry about - its much more of a problem if its too high.... overall, these are nice looking results***

TH1:Th2 cytokine ratios

TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) 41.3 (highlighted) 13.2 - 30.6 range - so this over *** this is pretty high... depending which clinic you are with, the first stop would either be 2 shots of humira then a retest, or otherwise to go straight into fertility Tx relying on a combination of steroids and intralipid drips - you might want to read the cytokines ratio section of the FAQ - and possibly read up about resveratrol***
IFN-g: IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) 7.4

Lukocyte Antibody Detection
Flowcytometry Negative
T cells IgM+ 1.7
T cells IgG+ 3.2
B Cells IgM+ 5.0
B Cells IgG+ 16.1 - ***these results are pretty low - you doc might suggest LIT - you probably want to read the section in the FAQ about LIT?***

DQ Alpha Genotype = me 0102, 0303,
DH 0101, 0105 - ***nice results - not really any matches (the 010x group are similar - but not exactly the same) - so you are PROBABLY not at risk of a DQa matching embryo causing your NKa to rocket up ***

PAI-1 4g/5G Heterozygous Mutated To take Metformin ***you might want to read the section in the FAQ under Thrombophilia - but yes, metformin is normally the prescribed treatment - but also blood thinners like clexane when you are actually doing your fertility Tx ***

We are still waiting for dh LAd results ,thanks to the clinic here they never even noticed that the RFU hadnt even sent them, I noticed they appeared on the bill we paid, saw we had no results given to us, and rang the clinic to tell them. Bit shoddy that. ****no - you have those results already - the male and female bloods are used together to give the results for LAD which is shown above. The male blood provides the target white cells (the T and the B cells) and the female blood provides the antibodies. LAD is a test to see whether the female blood contains lots ofantibodies that recognises the male white cells or not. Your result is further up ****

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agate,Many thanks for yr time explaining the results.itwill be an interesting conversation tomorrow with the clinic,as I had already asked if any the use of Dh's blood in this test had been mixed with mine, and that was when I was told that she would ask the consultant.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya
wasn't much of an interesting conversation - they did say as I thought and you confirmed it was mine and dh blood mixed together.

Whilst im here, Agate ,i have been pg 3 times
1 after IVF
1 straight after failed IVF cycle
1 straight after failed DE cycle 

My consultant doesnt seem to have any idea why we have been caught twice after treatment, put down to co-incidence .Never had any BFP in between tx's.

Would anything point to the drugs whilst on the tx that may have help us get pg.

Thanks

Sam

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
I can't think why either, except maybe its a 'rebound effect' like after being on the pill.    statistically, fertility is often increased slightly for the first cycle after a lady stops the pill - possibly because her ovaries have partly (but not completely) rested - the antral follicles have continued to develop and perish but no follicles have emerged as dominant - and possibly because the estrogen from the pill has helped to up-regulate receptors in the ovaries to FSH.... so, just maybe the estrogen priming effect has helped you out a little after the IVF each time.  if that's the case, then it would argue for estrogen priming for a fresh IVF, or just possibly, higher estrogen support for DE or if you did get another natural BFP....  if you were going down the TTC naturally/fresh IVF route, then maybe DHEA would be worth considering - just thinking that it might help you make more estrogen if you are DHEAS deficient - but I guess you'd have to get tested to know?  Has your lining thickness been good on scans for IVF?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Agate

My lining has been around 8 at ET, but will enquire about higher estrogenwhen we go back to the clinic for our Donor cycle

many thanks  :-*

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
that sounds like a good idea - 8 isn't all that thick for ET... you might want to read the section in my FAQ under L for lining?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts