Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

Just wanted to ask  if any1 knows what this migh have been

Im due to start AF today but for the last 3 days i have had really bad thrush anyway on Friday night when i went to wipe after using the loo i had a massive clump ( like the size of a baby bell) of white thick what looked like mucus come away from me??( sorry if tmi) :eek: this was really huge never seen anything that big come out of me before    i actually took it to show dp and he couldent belive it either  ( we also notice  the day before thrush started when we had sex that his ( little freind) was covered form top to bottom in white thick mucus.

DOES any1 just before there eriod get heavy heavy thick white mucus i normally do but not as much as that  . today my mucus is now like milky white and sticky 
any1 any ideas

thanks in advance

xxxx ^fairydust^ ^feedback^

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
glasgow girl said:
Hi girls

i had a massive clump ( like the size of a baby bell)
Oh that made me laugh!!!! I really cant help but i know your mucus changes throughout your cycle from watery to clear to creamy to egg white consistancy. If you normally have a lot of mucus it could just be this but if you are worried and it continues it may be worth speaking to your doctor about. Providing its egg white during your fertile time that the important thing.

God luck for you tx and thanks for making laugh this rainy afternoon !!

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hi

Thrush and I are fairly regular companions and yes, I've had thrush where I've had a lot of mucus and it is normally...well, for want of a better word, cheesy in consistency!
Can't say I've had anything like you've experienced before though, but it does tend to get worse and the mucus thicker before AF is due.

Best advice I can give you is to buy a gallon of natural yogurt and sit in a bath of it...nah, I'm joking! Get yourself one of those combi pill/cream or pessary packs from the pharmacy and get DH one too (because if you've got then he's got it too and he'll only keep giving it back to you if you don't treat him too). Avoid tampons this cycle and allow your lady garden area some airing out time (i.e. go commando) as much as you can to prevent that moist/warm environment that it likes to flourish in. I have found that probiotic drinks seem to help control it for me (that's drinking them, not bathing in them, but I guess that would do as well). I don't know why this is so, but I believe thrush is one of those things that we always have in us and it's made worse if our body's natural balance is upset. Restoring your natural balance helps I suppose - do I sound enough like an advert now?  ;D

Above all, if you're still concerned, speak with your GP.

Good luck.
C~x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well af is not here yet  i find evey so often i get thrush just be4 a period  maybe every  third cycle or so, just this time its worse than ever,

oh the joys!!!

Glad i made u smile alex28  ^eyes^hehe, the only thing missing was the red wrapper round it LOL  ;D

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
the only thing missing was the red wrapper round it
Oh dear! LMAO!

I know it's probably a daft question but...have you done a HPT?

Well, you never know?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi caz

Yes i used one of they cheapo tests but came back bfp, this is the 1 month i needed them to be on time  as wanted to go and re do my fsh  so thought my day 2 would be tomorrow however  thats that out the window LOL 

Not complaining tho would love to fall preganant naturally if not  here by morning will test again!!

im usually a 21 to 25 day cycle today being 25

xxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.