Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I might have the onset of thrush starting.

Is it ok to use cannestan?  I am due to have EC on Monday, should I tell my clinic?

I have now phoned the clinic and they said it is ok to use cannestan just not on Monday morning.  Thrush won't interfere with the treatment, they said to use it if I was uncomfortable.

Phew!! I was started to get worried that they would cancel EC but I am booked in for 8.30 and DH is booked in for PESA at 9.30.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hmmmm I wouldn't use caneston until you've had a word with your clinic.

It'll probably be ok but I would definitely double check first.

The drugs/hormones can upset the delicate PH balance of vagina which can trigger thrush.  Stay off the mushrooms (as fungi can sometimes not help), don't use any perfumed products at all, drink plenty of water....and cranberry juice....and eat lots of live yoghurt (you can even use some live yoghurt directly on the thrush).

Give your clinic a quick call...I'm sure they'll say go ahead and use the caneston but best to check.

Good luck with EC
Natasha ^reiki^

G

·
Def check; it must be cleared up before EC...mine said to use Canestan and even a Diflucan tab but as Minxy says (and as we all know only too well), clinics all say different things ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
I've always found Diflucan oral tablet excellent for clearing up thrush quickly.

I used to use Gyno Daktarin tampons (the hard pessary was on end of tampon so not messy)....I used to get thrush all the time for many years from the age of 14 so have tried so many things !  I rarely get it now which is great.

Oh yeah....and avoid hot baths...but having a lukewarm bath with salt in it can help ease any itching (and I used to get some swelling as well :-[ )

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys

It is very mild but i'm pretty sure it is thrush.  Just whenthings were getting moving this happens.  I am expecting my clinic to phone me so i will mention it then.

Humble

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
If you can't take Difflucan you could always try acidophillis lacto bacteria tablets from H&B. The help fight the fungal infection & should be safe to take but do check with your clinic first.

If you're avoiding yeast products this also includes bread, mushrooms, beer etc as these help the candida albicans yeast grow, it's your natural bacteria you need to top up.

G

·
Have you heard yet? I'd speak to them before they close as you really need to sort it today if you can so that all is better ASAP - don't wait for them to call you back....

xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.