Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter

Sorry to post this at lunchtime!!

Bah humbug, I've gone and got thrush whilst on day 10 of stims. My clinic say I can take one Canesten pessary as a one off. I don't like the idea of taking it but I cannot put up with itching for weeks and surely if I take it tonight it will be out of my sytem by egg collection which is hopefully friday?

Is the the high oestrogen levels that trigger it?

My gp said it cannot get through the cervix when I was prescribed some last summer when ttc'ing naturally.

Thanks, you are a star as a lot of the ladies say

Jane (itch itch)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

Janieb said:
Peter

Sorry to post this at lunchtime!!

That's OK, I hae heard worse!

Bah humbug, I've gone and got thrush whilst on day 10 of stims. My clinic say I can take one Canesten pessary as a one off. I don't like the idea of taking it but I cannot put up with itching for weeks and surely if I take it tonight it will be out of my sytem by egg collection which is hopefully friday?

This is very sound advice, go ahead. If left the infection could potentially infect the embryo culture systems in the lab which is a bit of a disaster!

Is the the high oestrogen levels that trigger it?

Possibly although thrush is of course very common in women of all ages.

My gp said it cannot get through the cervix when I was prescribed some last summer when ttc'ing naturally.

Probably true but it does not matter anyway, the most important thing is to get rid of the infection.

Hope this helps the itching!!

Peter

Thanks, you are a star as a lot of the ladies say

Jane (itch itch)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter

Just a quickie, how could it affect the embryo culture when surely neither the eggs nor the embryos come into contact with the vagina, only "pass through" as I understand?

Thanks, Jane

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dear Janie,

Any infection in that area can contaminate instruments which in turn can get into the embryo culture.

Regards,

Peter

Janieb said:
Peter

Just a quickie, how could it affect the embryo culture when surely neither the eggs nor the embryos come into contact with the vagina, only "pass through" as I understand?

Thanks, Jane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts