Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

thrush while trying to conceive

555 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  WKelly 
#1 ·
Hi there ladies i think ive got thrush :( ,but im only on cycle day ten and me and dh are trying to conceive(just finsihed first course of clomid),whats the best way to treat it so it dosent affect any sperm!!

Thank you xx

#3 ·
Hi Amelie

Thrush is a yeast infection...everyone has a certain amount in their bodies & will never suffer, but when the ph balance in the vagina is upset (eg by hormones) then it can trigger thrush.

I used to get thrush pretty much all the time (at least 2 weeks out of 4) from the age of 14...I eventually cut out all yeast from my diet (as you have) so no bread, beer, wine, cakes, Marmite etc but I also cut out fungi from my diet (on the suggestion of a homeopath)...so no mushrooms etc.

I can thankfully say that I've not had a bad case of thrush for a long time now...I occasionally get a little bit but one dose of Diflocan & some prescribed cream & I'm fine again. And admittedly I do now have yeast & fungi in my diet but think as I've got older my hormonal balance has changed.

Good luck & take care ^reiki^
Natasha

#4 ·
Hi Kim

I had et last Thursday and have had thrush since Wednesday, was told to use Canestan Pess Once as its safe to use during and trying, have since used it twice, cant say it has cleared but it has helped.

Hope this helps and good luck with your treatment.

Kelly xx

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.