Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help.
        Been on cyclogest pessaries for 2 days, I have developed thrush or what I think is thrush, (never had it before). Has anyone else had this.
                                                          Please help
                                                      The Mouse xx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
HI Marsha, I've also replied to your post on the IUI Girls thread so please check this out also.  If it's itchy, a greenish colour, has small white flecks and/or smells then it most likely is thrush.  It's probably best to contact your clinic to find out how best to treat it but sometimes a tampon dipped in Live Bio yoghurt can be an effective home remedy. As I suggested on the other thread it's a good idea to continue with the pessaries but pop them round the back door instead.  This is a mess free way of dealing with them and you don't have to worry about lying down afterwards as you do when using them vaginally.

Feel free to ask any questions and I hope it eases off soon!

Holly xx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

I get an itchy sensation when im on cyclogest aswell although it isn't thursh, im just allergic to the pesseries (as if i didn't already have enough to deal with  ^bigbad^ !!), i don't know if its the cyclogest itself or the coating on it, all i know is that it itches (similar to thrush) but i don't have any symptoms (ie discharge) apart from the itch....i spoke to my clinic about it and they said they have seen this before, might be worth while poping along to your doctor and getting him to check it out and see if it is thrush or an allergy.

Hope this helps!

Lou.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.