Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I wonder if you can help. I have an under active thyroid for which I take thyroxine. All had been stable until about to start IUI and now last test was TSH 24 T4 18. My thyroxine has been increased. My consultant wont do IUI till seen endocrinlogist but would like to know if I could get pregnant at those levels?
Thanks
Deb

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi Deb,

I also have an underactive thyroid and was told the level should be between 1 and 5. I would have thought the chances of you getting pregnant with the thyroid not working properly are slim and even you did, it may cause problems so probably best to get it stable first.

Hopefully it will get sorted quickly,

Chux xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Deb
With TSH at 24 it's likely that your FT4 is dropping like a stone.
I have no thyroid function, was overactive and had it destroyed 3 years ago with radio iodine.  TSH of 24 is enormous. You definitely need to get is sorted pronto or you will start to feel awful, not to mention that you'll gain weight and possibly stop ovulating.
What dosage of thyroxine are you taking?

GP's should watch your thyroid carefully through fertility treatment and pregnancy as the bodies demands change and your thyroid is unable to make the adjustments that a 'normal thyroid function' would make.

Hope you get endocrynoligist appointment soon.

Gill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.