Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I am almost 5 weeks pregnant and my jeans are already really tight... i am not eating more, infact i am eating more fruit and veg than anything.... could it be the cyclogest or possibly double trouble ??

bell xxx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
^congrats^ on your preggy.

When you are first preggy, you do get a lot of bloating. I know I certainly did and I wasn't on cyclogest!!  ;D ;D

Mothercare do early preggy jeans and I found them much better than my usual clothes!! I looked about 4mths preggy when I was only about 6wks!! It will go down soon tho so don't worry. At this stage, your uterus is still in your pelvis.

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Yes its common in early pg to get alot of bloating especially if your on cyclogest.  As Mandy has said this will go down over the next few weeks.

Also your ovaries are still probably enlarged from EC etc.  I know mine where until about 9 weeks.

x x x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Bell

Oh thank you!  There is hope!  ;D  I have been feeling exactly the same as you, huge bloated tummy, so looking forward to seeing a reduction now lol!

Thank you Scooby and kitten1 lol!

Louj x  :)

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Lou

It may take a few weeks  ;) but it will go down.

x x x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
This is a natural pregnancy for me but my jeans are already tight - especially by the end of the day  :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy  :)

I had a natural pregnancy but was also still very bloated in the early days to the point where my jeans etc. were uncomfortable.  I invested in a belly band and still use it now - would thoroughly recommend one.  I got mine new off e-bay for about £5. 

It's basically a stretchy tube of fabric that you can wear over the top of your jeans / trousers so you don't have to do them up, soooo much more comfortable.  When you put a top on, it just looks like you're wearing a vest top underneath, or if the top is long enough you don't even see.  I found it really nice in the colder weather too as it kept my bump nice and warm. 

For the sake of a fiver, it saves you buying lots of new jeans / trousers early on!

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

Laura xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
you can get something called a belly belt which extends the waist of your normal jeans and trousers.  Looks a bit groovy but i just wore the attachment not the cloth part and wore longer tops over as saves the jeans digging into you  ^hugme^

you can also buy bump bands which are great and cover teh groovy bit and extends your t shirts etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts