Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just done a cycle of own sperm / donor eggs, we got 3 blasts and all have been transferred with no successes. The clinic l was happy enough for the 1st transfer, thought we might have got more than 3 blasts though. For the 2nd transfer they seemed very apathetic about it all. There were only changes because l requested some changes e.g. increase progesterone and add Prednisolone.
It is fairly obvious we won't succeed naturally so we are weighing up another round. Im inclined to try another clinic who are more motivated and driven, the current clinic seemed to get quite checked out. They have been increasingly disorganised as well. They are aware the last transfer failed, l have asked to discuss changes for next time to assist us weight up our options. They haven't replied and l am not willing to chase them.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I switched clinics after several disastrous rounds with my Uk nhs one.
I went abroad as I felt european clinics seem to have more gusto behind them and are more focused on getting you sucess.

I went to Reprofit in the czech Republic .

Its your money and you need to throw it somewhere who are 100%committed to getting you your baby
Xx

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have just done a cycle of own sperm / donor eggs, we got 3 blasts and all have been transferred with no successes. The clinic l was happy enough for the 1st transfer, thought we might have got more than 3 blasts though. For the 2nd transfer they seemed very apathetic about it all. There were only changes because l requested some changes e.g. increase progesterone and add Prednisolone.
It is fairly obvious we won't succeed naturally so we are weighing up another round. Im inclined to try another clinic who are more motivated and driven, the current clinic seemed to get quite checked out. They have been increasingly disorganised as well. They are aware the last transfer failed, l have asked to discuss changes for next time to assist us weight up our options. They haven't replied and l am not willing to chase them.
Sorry to hear this. After a few failed cycles clinics want you to leave as it affects their statistics. Make sure you check the sperm and have dna fragmentation done to see if there is an issue there. He might need additional vitamins minerals, life style changes and that could improve your chaces. It takes 3months to make a sperm. Maybe he might need to have antibotics before collection incase there is an underlying issue. Have you checked the timing of the transfer? The moment you loose faith move on. You will find the right clinic.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am sorry to know your story. In my opinion, if you are not happy and need to push them, a new clinic might find the better treatment for you. A daughter of my accountant had 2 failed cycles with her clinic, and decided to change it. Her new clinic did tests, and it appeared she had issues with Hashimoto that her 1st clinic said nothing about. In my clinic prof. Lukashuk helped a woman with 10 failed cycles, and she had second time success with them. Later the woman told that Lukashuk was the only doc who wanted to dig deeper to find the reason she could not pregnant. I do not remember what tests he did, but if a clinic usually does this test once or twice, he did every hour to find the solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts