Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

Hope this is the correct place to post this?

I am supposed to be starting my downregging on May 14th.  This is our first (and only) NHS IVF and we are being kept in the dark like you wouldn't believe!

I was wondering, if i start downregging on May 14th when would my pregnancy test date be?  Assuming I even make it that far.  Nobody seems to be able to give me even a rough idea so all thoughts would be very much apprecaited.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi EJ
Didnt want to read and run, the my clinic was the same, they cant even give you a vague idea as it really does depend on how you respond to the drugs, but for your infomation, if it helps, i started Dr'ing on the 7th April, and my test date is 19th May. But like i said, it really does vary alot.
Good luck with your treatment ^reiki^
LOL
CLB
^fairydust^

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I've also been kept in the dark!!!  seems to be a pattern here!

I think if all goes to plan most people stim for 2 weeks after baseline scan and then EC takes place, test day is usually about 2 weeks -16 days after EC......

so assuming all went perfectly to schedule (which after reading on here is unlikely I think  ;D ) then I'm thinking a test date of just over 4 weeks from baseline scan.

Hope that helps

Goodluck xxxx

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hello ladies, They can't give you a test date because absolutely everyone is different!! One person could be DRing for 2 weeks others can DR for 5 weeks and so on, it's the same with Stimming some ppl can stim for 1 week others for 2-3 it all depends on how your body responds to the drugs I know it's frustrating but the hospitals have to try and get everything at the right level for tx to work and not everyone is the same.  It's only once you start stimming and you have had your first scan after that they can start givng you a rough guide to when your EC and ET will be.  I felt exactly how you did on my first cycle but I think it was because I didn't really understand the whole process and what can go wrong.

Good Luck

Sarah xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

I just want to echo exactly what Sarah has said.  If you start second-guessing when it will be now then you will just end up stressed and worried as the process goes on and it doesn't meet what you think the timescales should be.  It's not just every person who's different it's even every cycle on my first cycle I stimmed for over 3 weeks!! On second cycle I stimmed for 8 days.

As Sarah says it is frustrating but that's IF I'm afraid! ;)

^goodluck^

Axxxxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for their replies.  I know nothing is an exact science, and we are all very different.  I just wanted a very rough idea so I can start and see light at the end of the tunnel mentally.  It has taken us a very long time to get here (as i know it does with everyone else, not saying im anything special/different!) and i'm not looking forward to the 'end' by any means, just wondered when I might be able to get back to being me, if ever!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I know it is such a rollercoaster ride and I know exactly what you mean by the end of the tunnel I have ET on Tuesday/wednesday (even that not an exact date because of different issues) but every time I planned or thought it would be this date something cropped up and then my last cycle had to be abandoned due to OHSS just one of the complications that can come up.  If you want a very rough guide to a date Add 9 weeks on to your start date as that is a very rough time scale to everything 
sarah xx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks sarah, your reply is very much appreciated.  Don't think it helps as i'm very new to all of this and expected it to be difficult, both mentally and physically but it really is.

None of it has been made any easier by SIL who has a 3mth old daughter.  The rest of the family is allowed to baby sit/taker her for days out/feed her etc etc.  We are not allowed to do anything and they keep telling us it's because of 'circumstance' which seems to be too often if you ask me.  Very difficult.

Hugs to all you very brave ladies having Tx at the mo.

·
Registered
912 Posts
AWWW that isn't fair I think you are needing to talk to your family and let them know how you are feeling

sarah xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts