Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

This is our first attempt with IVF and this website has got to be one of the best things that I have discovered. It really is a place to check your sanity and realise you are not alone.

However, one thing is confusing me somewhat and as there is probably a perfectly logical explanation I thought I would ask you.

Why is it that some IVF cycles take longer than others?

I started sniffing Synarel on 25/1 and do not have another scan until 18/2 and will then start with Menogon injections on the 19/2 if all is OK. Reading the site other girls seem to start the injections a fair bit earlier.

This is probably a really stupid questions but I would really appreciate it if you could reply and put my mind at rest as it is starting to bug me a bit!

Thanks very much in advance
Dee
x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dear Dee,

It's simply because stimulation is a natural process (or at least a stimulated natural process!) and as such it cannot be standardised.

Regards,

Peter

Dee said:
Hi Peter

This is our first attempt with IVF and this website has got to be one of the best things that I have discovered. It really is a place to check your sanity and realise you are not alone.

However, one thing is confusing me somewhat and as there is probably a perfectly logical explanation I thought I would ask you.

Why is it that some IVF cycles take longer than others?

I started sniffing Synarel on 25/1 and do not have another scan until 18/2 and will then start with Menogon injections on the 19/2 if all is OK. Reading the site other girls seem to start the injections a fair bit earlier.

This is probably a really stupid questions but I would really appreciate it if you could reply and put my mind at rest as it is starting to bug me a bit!

Thanks very much in advance
Dee
x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts