Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Old worry-wart here again!

Ok - 1 weeks count down to 12 week scan and getting panicked again! DH can't understand why I am worried - everything was fine at the 7 week scan and I haven't had any bleeding or pain... but I am still very scared for next week.

I have been extremely tired (not helped by finding out I was anaemic after my booking appointment) but not really had any morning sickness as such ( been sick twice but only liquid and only when I have had my folic acid/omega 3/iron tablets on an empty stomach) just a little retching sometimes. The tiredness is getting a bit better now, but still falling asleep before 10pm each night.
DH thinks I am showing, but surely its too early for that?

So much bad news on the 1st tri board this week has just got me in a state.

Karen x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I know the feeling hun, I worried throughout my last pregnancy AND regretted it afterward... focus on the positives....

You are still tired, and if not as much as you were this is because the pg is progressing wonderfully and a fully functioning placenta is gearing up to take over.

You are heaving which IS morning sickness, i'm wretching whilst typing I know!!!  ;D

I was in maternity trousers at 10wks last time, my dh could tell I was getting bigger (not baby, just bloating) and I was comfier in maternity...  :)

You'll be just fine... now focus on the above and the time will fly  ^hugme^  ^reiki^

Bev xx

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Karen -  ^hugme^  dont let the sad news upset you, when u are pregnant, anything baby/pregnancy related that is sad is very upsetting as we think it could be us next...I was like u and dreaded scan week before as just thought there was nothing there...it wont be long before its here hun...I still found it hard as just had 16 wk appt with mw and was scared about that too, just wanted to hear hb again...first pg's tend to show bit later...but it all depends on your build etc...I never had ms at all this time either, none one bit, thats was scarey, just tiredness like you...but all symtons vary and if u have been lucky to not have ms, then lucky u and me! its funny how we crave the symptons just so we know its all working...dont know what else to say, but saw ure message and didnt want to read and run  ^hugme^ :) ^reiki^

ditto Bev!  :)

Axxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh bless your heart.  Hang in there, I know it can be a nightmare.  Here's some reassurance based on what you said.

I felt very ill during my first trimester (and a bit beyond) but was never sick so you are are ahead of me there - I'm now at 35 weeks so that would suggest good things.  Each woman reacts in different ways but that looks like clear pg signs to me.

You are very tired.  One of the biggest most common symptoms of a happy healthy pregnancy.

It's natural you should worry but try not to, if it's making you worry, maybe give the 1st trimester boards a rest for a week or two and stick to the more general areas of the site.

Good luck and god bless.

Cheers

BC

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
With isabel I worried for ages before each scan and reading bad news meant I was sure it would be me next with the bad news, everytime a scan passed i felt happy for a bit then the worry started again, this time I'm trying not to worry and enjoy it more

·
Registered
125 Posts
My advise is to take one day at a time, I'm still so nervous, but there's not a lot we can do, just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy, not sure how though. I have an appointment a week on Monday and I'm terrified, but whatever happens, happens..... I think maybe some of the worry may go once we get to 24 weeks, but who knows.

We thought about getting a heartbeat monitor, but think I would scare myself more, if I couldn't find it, then I would be using it every other hour of every day.  ^idiot^

You sound like you're doing well, long may it continue!

Weezy

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I've worried all the way through and still worry every single day.  like you, DH works on the assumption that it's all fine and no need to worry.  I think worrying is completely natural and normal.  I'm trying to take each day at a time.  I go on the 3rd tri board now but did very little on the 1st and 2nd as I felt it only made me worry more.  In terms of symptoms, everyone is different.  keep us posted and good luck for your scan,

Tracy xxx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya Karen ^hugme^

Just to ditto really but ......

* yes you are completely normal everyone does worry and i suppose its the nurturing instinct kicking in already.

* Like babychaos suggested, i'd have a little break from the 1st tri boards ^hugme^

* maybe in a few weeks think about getting a doppler ??? for some it gives so much reassurance, it did me

* Try try try to savour every moment and enjoy it, read up on developmental stages on what bubbas upto. Youve put yourself through a lot to get this far so focus on the positives.

* This time next year you'll be pushing your gorgeous baby around in beaming sunshine, beaming with pride .... hold that thought hun! ^reiki^ positive thoughts all the way ^hugme^

·
Registered
448 Posts
weezy said:
..... I think maybe some of the worry may go once we get to 24 weeks, but who knows.
Hee hee, that has made me laugh - believe me, you never stop worrying!! Once you get past the "is it ok" bit, you start worrying about "will the birth be ok" bit, and once the baby's born you go through various stages of "am I doing it right" bit! One of my friends said to me that getting pregnant is the start of a lifetime of worrying, and I think thats true!

In all seriousness - we've all been there and its a horrible time just before scans - I remember going for the first one thinking they were going to say to me that I'd imagined it all. You do need to bear in mind that the vast vast majority of pregnancies go smoothly - I know that's harder than it sounds and when (if) I'm lucky enough to be pregnant with no 2 I will be just as scared as you.

Lots of love and luck
Tams xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts