Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
my h/v cancelled our appointment this week so quickie Q really, well the subject says it all :-[

Its been oozing for nearly 2 weeks now ( at either end of the scar and is still a bit sore) on Tuesday I finished some antibiotics to clear up any infection but its still oozing/bleeding the Dr (a locum) took a brief look at it that day and said it would be fine now.. despite it still being puss-y. I have to say last night it felt quite sore (twinging from one of the sores) and today seems to be more puss at one end.

Also I have a really sharp pain on one of the sides and I can't lie down on that side at all without this sharp pain totally debilitating me. This is the same side where most of the twinging and puss - y ness is now. (I had it the other side whilst in hospital but that side has stopped now)

Question is how long will it/should it go on for? Is this common I've not heard of anyone else with this complaint. (or complaining :()

The 1st Dr I saw said if left untreated it could open up the whole of the scar and obviously I don't want that to happen.
Thanks for your help
x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya Alisha

It sounds as if you need a swab taken from the wound to see whats causing the problem

I wouldnt leave it..maybe go and see your practice nurse who will be more familiar with wound care.

Let me know how you get on

Jxx

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi just thought I'd update you..
the day after I posted I got an emergency appointment and saw another doc insisted on a swab taken and given penicillian ..pain in side stopped 2 days after taking antibiotics and after another lot (3 intotal) of antibiotics it's finally healed up and is no longer sore! PAIN FREE at last! that's practically 9 weeks now though  :eek:
goes to show I should of stamped my feet sooner..
thanks for your advice  :) ^hugme^
hope you're feeling better
lol alisha x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts