Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would love to have any info from anyone who had icsi at st marys manchester iam due to start my first cycle there and they have asked me to ring on the first day of my period for a appointment for bloods and scan test but they not explained what these are for and how long after the tests i will start my buserelin injections and would like to know if anyone been through the same thing and could give me some info sorry to bother you all any reply would be great thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
hi milly 1,

I never had treatment at St Mary's Manchester, but as far as I know, Buserelin is used for down regulation on long protocol IVF and/or ICSI. The buserelin injections usually start on day 21 of your cycle. (21th day from day one of your periods)

When you meet with your clinic, make sure you ask a lot of questions, so that you feel comfortable with the process. Some clinics don't seem to be very good at informing their patients.
If you have a hard time remembering questions while you're at the clinic, try to write them down before hand and bring your list with you.

You are the patient, it is your body, and you have a right to know what's going on. Don't be afraid to ask.

I hope this helped a bit. Best of luck to you on your journey. :)

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Feather

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Milly

We have just had our first cycle of ICSI at St Mary's on a short protocol!!

If I'm honest, our first bloods and scan was a bit of a disaster (this was pre treatment and pre consultant visit) but we both felt like we were on a conveyer belt and not one person explained what we were having done and why!!!

Once we saw the consultant things became clearer and we made sure that we asked what the bloods and scans were for after that!!

It is a very busy place and you can feel like you are in a long line of people waiting to be seen (like the numbered tickets for bloods, just like the deli counter in the supermarket!!!) but in a way that's what you are!! Most of the nurses are lovely and don't mind you asking questions as they know what a daunting thing it is especially on your first cycle but it is such a busy place so try not to let that upset you!!

Good luck with everything!!!

Bernie x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much for your replys you help me alot and yes i feel we just moved around not knowing what to do or say so how long after your pre tretment and consultant vist did you start your cycleof injections xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts