Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some opinions/experiences really.
I am looking a couple a of weeks ahead and trying to decide whether it would be silly of me to work during my 2 ww.
I own a mobile juice bar and do shows/ events around the country and also have a regular pitch in my local city. The job itself is quite physical with lifting boxes of oranges being a main part of it. It can also be a little stressful when Im busy)
Im trying to decide what would would be the best thing to do but aS im self employed if I dont work I dont get paid (we re not particularly well off at the moment!)
any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hun,

I would imagine that your clinic will advise you to carry on as normal during the 2ww - BUT - they usually advise you not to do any heavy lifting........ obviously we can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool for the 2ww (unfortunately  ;D) BUT my personal opinion is to take it slightly easier than you would normally. If you were working in an office, then tbh, being at work will probably be better for you mentally because you wont be analysing every twinge and tweak... but as you have said you do lift heavy objects then perhaps it might be a consideration for having some time off - unless there is anyway someone can come and help with the lifting for you - is that an option hun  :-\

Sorry I wasn't of more help hun.

Good Luck for this cycle  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Hi JPH,

I had EC last Tues and ET on Friday - it's my first attempt at IVF and I wasn't sure what to expect. I had 21 eggs and I think as a result mild OHSS resulting in me feeling very bloated and uncomfortable from about day 8 or 9 of stimms all the way through to now....

I went back to work on Weds and Thurs last week between EC and ET because I haven't told work I'm having IVF and there were a couple of meetings I really needed to attend. I was OK on the Thurs, but Weds was a struggle...just felt very tired and uncomfortable all day.

Since my ET was on a Friday morning, I've been fortunate to have the weekend to 'recover' - I definitely wouldn't have wanted to have gone to work - still very bloated and uncomfortable, really tired but not sleeping well etc. Today I am working from home and am feeling quite a bit better, although still a bit tired and sore. Tomorrow I have to go back to work (I have an office based job although tomorrow/Weds I have a 2 day offsite meeting at a hotel near Heathrow so will have to go there...) and although I feel OK -ish, I'd rather be able to work from home for a few more days.

Of course not everyone's experiences are the same, and you may not get the bloating/soreness/tiredness etc to the same extent, but from my personal experience, I'd take at least 4-5 days off after ET and then see how you feel. If you feel up to it, go back to work, but definitely no lifting heavy boxes....that's the one thing they do emphasise....

I'm fortunate in that I can do my work from home most of the time, so I have something to take my mind off the dreaded 2WW but without having to exert myself too much (just stagger from bed to sofa and switch the laptop on  :))
Your job sounds quite active and physically demanding, so I'd be prepared to take at least the first week of 2WW off, and then maybe go back when you are feeling up to it

But as I say, we're all different and you might feel OK to go back to work much earlier

Wishing you all the very best,
Laura
x

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firts of all congratulations to you reality for your BFP ;D

Thanks for your replies, i think its something Im going to have to wait and see how i feel at the time. if the d/regging is anything to go by I have been absolutely fine all the way through (am now on my 5th week d/r as egg sharing had held things up a bit!!)
Ive been having acupuncure and think that has a lot to do wiht how well I feel.
Think I might have to rope in dh for all the lifting and general dogsboddying ;)
Thanks again and good luck to you all

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey hun,

Sounds like a plan to rope in DH to do your lifting IF you do work inthe 2ww.... regardless of how you feel in the 2ww (as Laura says, we all react differently and not all of us get the bloating and soreness etc.) I would imagine that you will be advised not to do any heavy lifting in the 2ww - basically hun, what I am trying to say is this - just don't do anything that you may look back on and regret... I mean that in the nicest possible way hunny bunch, just take it easy and do what you feel up to - BUT - no heavy lifting ;) :-*

BTW - thanks for the congrats :-*

Reality xx xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts