Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just wondered how much sleep a toddler should get each day on average.
Rebecca is nearly 19 months. She has about 10 hours sleep at night, then 2 2 hour naps during the day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, but sometimes she still seems tired when she's just woken up and can have bags under her eyes.

Ta

Gill x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Gill, I don't think there's a set amount of time really.  Even as adults we all have different sleep requirements. 

Ben sleeps 12-14 hours at night and will happily have a 3 hour afternoon nap on top of that even now at 21 months.  Jack used to be the same, but would have about 15 hours at night and then a couple of half hour naps in the daytime.  I know people though who's babies sleep under 12 at night and maybe only have a half hour nap in the day if that, and they're fine on that. 

I'd just say go with the flow and let Rebecca have what she needs.  Think us mum's with babies who love their sleep should count our blessings  ;D 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Gill I think the main thing here is they all differ.  There are some guides to what is a normal length of sleep in the birth to five book you get from your HV, don't have mine to hand.

My two have about 12 - 13 hours at night and then dependent upon what we've done in the day then they have 45 mins to 2 hours, normally after lunch.  Some days they may have two shorter naps and quite often the eldest doesn't go off at all but will just lie in her bed and chill out.

Karen x

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Gill,

As the girls have said they are all different, Jessica only has about 10 hours of a night and a 1 - 2 hour nap during the day, this can be either morning or afternoon (indecisive our daughter).

So they all different, Jess is fine on her sleep so i wouldn't worry about Rebecca.

Mel
x x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.