Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

My twins are just two. From a very early age my youngest one has been very advanced and into climbing. We had to remove their cots at 17mths and put them into beds as she climbed out and I found her sitting on the windowseal!

She is CONSTANTLY climbing on everything and anything she can. She is totally fearless. The other twin will then copy and this normally results in injury as she isnt as agile!

Anyway im just wondering if anyone has any advice on stopping the climbing. Its getting so bad now that EVERY naptime and bedtime she is climbing onto the windowseal about 20 times before going to sleep (they are locked obviously). I spent the day today rearranging the room thinking there was no possible way she could get up there and low and behold up there she now is!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Flossy,

Really wish I had an answer for you, we have a similar problem, but thankfully not worked out getting out of their cots yet, we did spend all last weekend rearranging the front room as DS favorite pastime was climbing into the window and head-banging it much to the amusement of passing neighbors, I dont know how to stop them climbing, hopefully someone will have a great idea on here, I shall watch replies with interests.

Take Care

Mo

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have a "spidermonkey" too in my DD. She started escaping her cot a month or so ago but thankfully seems to have got bored of it now so persevering with cots. Don't know an answer to your problem unfortunately but interested in replies ;-)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Another interested one here as DD is just like that -luckily we don't have window sills but she is always trying to climb up any furniture she can. I just hope she gets bored soon.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
TBH I don't think you really can stop them it is part of their development/their nature, it is more a case of making it safe more than anything.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I have a climber too that legged it out of his cot at 18 months but there was no way I was taking the bars off then!! We've finally relented and are planning to take them off this weekend. ;D

Anyway, as C says, I don't think you can stop them, you just have to make it as safe as possible and teach them how to climb properly and try to be a little bit cautious. I am now at the point where I am fairly relaxed about ds2's antics (although others have a heart attack when they see him - last week one of the staff at the leisure centre ran over to 'help' him in a right flap whilst I was sat watching!!), I do keep all the windows locked though and the keys hidden.

Chux xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts