Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I had IUI done on Sunday 12th Dec which makes testing day Boxing Day.  I have done a test tonite which is day 9 - a big neg.  Could i still be pg?? and have I tested way too early.  I have read some others on here have tested on day 10 and got a ++++ so little worried and upset now.  I know i should not of done one but was so peed off waiting and now i am really angry with myself. ::)

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Implantation can be as late as day 11!

So yes you are too early ;)

Tony,
x

ps good luck for testing on day 14 (in the morning)

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony, did not know that about implantation.  I am really a little neg about it know and would like to know either way b4 xmas day so i can get on with things.  When do you think the best test day would be to get a true result??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A true result will only begin to show for sure on day 14. Some people do get lucky and get true positives early. Others don't get them until after day 14 has been and gone. A friend of mine recently only got her first hint of a positive on day 16 and her 6 week scan last week showed a healthy little bean growing away inside her. But overall day 14 is going to get a true result for most people.

If you think about it, implantation will happen somewhere between day 6 and day 11, and HCG will then start to be produced. It then takes several days for your HCG levels to build up enough for them to be detected in your urine to give a positive on a test. It is still way too early to tell in your case, but also exciting to think that your bean could be implanting right at this moment.

I so know what you mean about wanting to know early. I test on Dec 30th, so am in the same boat, but there's nothing we can do, we just have to sit it out and keep our fingers crossed - which is so much easier said than done.

I'm sending my best wishes to you for your test on the 26th.

Gina.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

i didnt get my BFP until day 13 post transfer of 2 day old embryos

so have heart

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gina and Mini, you have both made me feel a little more positive about things.

Am on another forum and someone just posted to say that got BFP, am happy for her but just wondering when is it going to be our turn  :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts