Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

Would you ladies think that 7 months after a excision lap to remove endo and cysts is too long to wait for IVF?  Do you think the endo and cysts will be back by then?
S

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

It really depends on how aggressive your endo is to be honest....do you have concerns that it's returned ?

I have stage 4 endo but it's not aggressive and seems to come back around 2-3 years.  There is a window of around 6-9mths (some say up to a year) following a lap when chances of conception are improved.

I've had quite a lot of ops over the years....I had one in May 04, followed by a hysteroscopy on it's own in April 05...I conceived naturally after both of these but both ended in early mc's....I then had my 1st IVF in Mar 06 and no endo was noticed during scans.  My last was in Feb 07 and I had an IVF about 6 weeks later....I then had another IVF in Sept 07 and another more recently, starting in Mar 08......as it stands, my endo doesn't appear to have returned as yet.

Unless you have very aggressive endo, I'm sure starting your IVF 7mths after your op will still be fine.  Obviously if you have concerns then do discuss them with your consultant.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Minxy

Well I sort of have concerns as had my 1st lap in September 2007 (which was to remove an endometrioma) and it was at this lap that they discovered endo.  I then had my endo removed at my 2nd lap which was done in March 2008 and at my pre op appointment my doctor told me the cyst had grown back but was tiny?  Im thinking wow 6 months later and the cyst had grown back already even tho it was small it was there!  Maybe it's because the endo had not been removed yet??  It just worries me because I would like to have this IVF done asap but all this waiting for appointments etc is irritating and will be doing it self funded too!

Oh the joys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts