Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

me again, I know i said i wouldnt do another HPT but i couldnt resist doing one this morning ( i am due to test on Wed)

The test came up positive but with a very very very faint line.   I have now just been to the toilet and have a tiny bit of pink blood when i wiped.  What do you think this could mean?

Do you think the test is inconclusive because the line was so faint?  or can you still have a little bit of bleeding and still be pregnant?  It cant be implantation bleeding as it would be too late now.

Please advise, i'm going mad

Thanks

Nicky

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
If it's any consolation, i had a LOT of bleeding and was still pg...

fingers crossed hun, try not to worry and STAY AWAY from the peesticks until wednesday!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,

do you think the test could be inconclusive though due to the line being so faint?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nicky
Have you still got bad period pains? Try not to worry luv i know its easier said than done ,have you rang your hospital?
Lyndsey

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lyndsey

I dont have the pains as bad as i did, but i do have a little cramping now which only started today.
I havent rang the hospital cos they'll only tell me off for doing a test too early.
I'll do another one in the morning, been to the toilet 3 more times in 1 hour and no more blood so hoping that its nothing to worry about.
How you getting on?  are you still having bad pains? 

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im in a right old mess i still got the pains really bad and started to bleed a little last night and a little this morning. Its game over for me I think for the last time im heart broken! Good luck with your results hope everything works out for you Nicky!
You take care
Lynds.x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

When did you have your HCG trigger injection ?  Did the line appear within the recommended time ?

I would try to hold off testing until your official test day.....and test using first morning pee.  If you test too early it may be the HCG trigger injection as this can stay in body up to 14 days and give false +ve results.  Also, if line showed up after about 5 or so minutes there's a possibility that it's an evaporation line.........but if it is a geniune +ve then it may be faint because your not using first morning pee so it's more diluted.  What brand hpt is it....do you know what the sensitivity is eg 10 mIU, 25 mIU, 50 mIU etc ?

I do know it's not easy (been there many many times unfortunately) but the reason clinics advise a test day is because you're more likely to get an accurate results.  Testing early adds unnecessary anxiety to an already fraught 2ww !

I'd wait a few more days and test again, first thing in morning and fingers crossed the lines darker !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Natasha

I had my HCG injection on 26th May 08, had EC on 28th and ET on 30th May.

I used a first response test first thing this morning.  Do you think the HCG injection would be out of my system by now?

the line appeared after the 3 mins i was to wait but like i said it is very very faint but there is defo something there.

I know i shouldnt do anymore tests but its like an addiction now, and i know i could be setting myself up for more heartbreak but I cant help it, i'm gonna do another test in the morning and see if the line gets any darker - fingers crossed.

Speak soon

Nicky

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Lyndsey

I really hope its not over for you as i know from your posts that you've been so anxious and upset over the past week or so.  I really hope you get what you want and if you dont this time, have a break and try again.

let me know how you get on.

Take Care

Nicky

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
If you had HCG trigger on 26 May then that's 14/15 days........so it should be out of your system by now......BUT I know I said it before but try not to test again until your official test day.....

You're only 12 days past EC (which would be like 12 days past ovulation) and 10dpt.....way way too early to be testing !!!!! ^police^

Rather than causing all this additional worry and upset, wait to test on your official test day.....I know it's personal choice/opinion but I just don't see the point in putting ourselves through this when the results will usually be inconclusive.....much better to wait those extra few days and get an accurate result.

Also, if you read the smallprint of First Response, it's only about 65/69% accurate when used early....a bit of a con if you ask me...especially as if you wait until official day you'll have a 99% chance of accuracy.

Fingers crossed. ^reiki^

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again Natasha for replying, i'll try my hardest not to read too much into the result and just keep my fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Nicky

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Nicky
Hope ur ok luv, u sound worried sick there.
As the others hav said its still early for you to be testing so dont get carried away thinking its over, u just dont know wats gonna happen. Also from reading so much from this site, bleeding could mean absolutely anything. so many people hav had heavy bleeding for a few days then got a positive so that just shows u anything is possible.
Keep ur chin up luv, i know its hard, am not a wk into my 1st wk yet and am panickin like crap and i am sooo dreading next wk but just be patient and be positive!
THinkin of u luv, fingers crossed for tomorrow xxxxxxx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Lucy

Thanks for your reassurance.  I test tomorrow, i cant wait just to know one way or another.  I have been naughty again and done a couple more tests,  i done 2 digital which said i was pregnant (clear blue)  i also done a normal clear blue which said i wasn't pregnant, and i done a first response again, which said i was and the line was darker than the last time, but still pretty faint so I'm still in 2 minds and no further forward so i know i should listen to everyone when they say wait until your test date.  My poor hubby doesn't know if he is coming or going, one minute I'm happy the next I'm sad, i even told him to do a first response test just to see if the very faint line appeared for everyone - ha ha, he done it as well bless him and it didn't have any line. ( would of been a bit worried if he had of like)
I've still got a little bit blood and bad cramps, which i know can be normal but until it happens to you, you always have the worry that your not going to get what you want.
I don't envy you still having another week to go, when i was told that the 2ww would be the longest ever, i thought i would just take it in my stride, how wrong i was.
I wish you the best of luck.
Take Care
Nicky

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nicky - good luck tomorrow ^reiki^

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot
x

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nicky

Good luck for tomorrow, somehow try and get some rest tonight.

^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Lucy

I updated my situation under the OTD - Inconclusive

Basically, HCG levels too low on test date (only 18) had to have another blood test today to see if levels rose to over 50 which is a good positive (or doubled within 48 hours)  mine rose to 47, but clinic said this is really common in chem pg as my body is still detecting the pregnancy hormone even though i'm not.

Therefore I have to go back in a week for another blood test to check the levels are coming down - if they go up then great, it meants i'm pg, but they think i have about 1% chance that i would be pg.
Another week to wait for a definite answer - anyone else went through a 3ww?  bloody nightmare, thought 2weeks was torture, but this is just cruel.  I know in my mind that its gonna be negative but until i have it in black and white, i'll still have that tiny tiny tiny bit of hope.
Hope your ok
Nicky

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh nicky i hope ur ok luv.
I feel so sorry for u. I dont know wat i'd be like in your situation, ur head must be wrecked.
Just keep that little bit of hope u have, just from reading posts on ere.....anything is possible!!
Keep us updated luv, thinkin of u.
xxx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Lucy

I feel sorry for myself at the minute, needing plenty of cuddles from my hubby.  I really didnt think it was going to be this hard, I thought i would have got a definite result today.  I was and still am preparing myself for the worst, I even went to Sainsburys and bought myself some alcohol to have tonight, but now i have to put it back in the cupboard until next week.
Will keep you updated. 
Take Care
Nicky

1 - 20 of 21 Posts