Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone quite new on this board and not sure where to post just need a bit of advice- I am very recently pregnant (3 weeks) after my first go at ICSI  and unfortunatley have developed an extremely painful tooth infection- I had to wait a few days to get in dentists and in that time was recommended to take paracetomel and clove oil- I then went to dentist today and he has put me on antibiotics- amoxicillian for a week -still in a great deal of pain- I am just really worried how all this will effect my pregnancy as the pain is making me feel really ill and I am worried about taking all these things- any advice from anyone would be great or If anyone has experienced anything similar

thanks
Rach

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Hi Rach

I am just at the start of d/regging following three weeks of the pill, during these three weeks I had a tooth out and then got a very nasty infection and had three courses of antibiotics including amoxicillin and loads of painkillers. I was worried about the effect of all these drugs on my chances of having a successful treatment.

Perhaps the best way to reassure yourself would be to check with your clinic. I found mine very helpful in relation to the dental treatment, I had to keep checking if the antibiotics were okay to take.

Best wishes for your pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and I hope that your toothache passes quickly.

Heather

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rach

Please don't worry.  I went through exactly the same thing as you when I was 6 weeks pregnant.  My impacted wisdom tooth became infected and I was in agony.  I too was put on antibiotics.  The antibiotics you are taking are penicillin based and completely safe for the baby.  Paracetamol is also totally fine.  In fact, unless you severely overdose, it is practically impossible for the drug to pass over to the baby. 

The advice above was given by two drs, a consultant and a midwife!!!!  ;D

I also found corsodyl gel fantastic at clearing up the infection quickly.  You can by it over the counter at the chemist and it too is completely safe to use during pregnancy.

I hope you feel better soon.

Angela xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks- that has put my mind at rest- hopefully the pain will stop soon- I hope! and I can look forward to the rest of my pregnancy! I will pop of to the chemist now! The best to you all

Rachx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.