Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mommies!

Autumn 2007 - Parents Place To Chat - Babies born - OCT-NOV-DEC 2007 or thereabouts!

Name, Flavour, Child/ren, Date of Birth,
Chris (Brownowl23), ^blueted^ ^blueted^, Jack and Harry, September 18th
Judy620, ^pinkted^, Chriselle, September 21st
midlands lass, ^blueted^ ^pinkted^, Finlay and Imogen, September 21st
Juli, ^pinkted^, Lottie, September 21st
a h (Anni), ^blueted^ ^pinkted^, Zach and Juliette, September 24th
Mel (hogglebird), ^blueted^, Jack, September 27th
Georgie (Smiley11), ^blueted^, Finlay James, September 28th
Macmillan, ^blueted^, William, October 1st
Tashja, ^pinkted^, Sadie, October 1st
Emma (Smileylogo), ^pinkted^, Jessica May, October 4th
pip34 , ^blueted^, Tyler, October 4th
xrachx, ^blueted^, Glenn, October 11th
Angelmoon, ^pinkted^, Molly Florence, October 11th
Andrea (aussiegirl), ^blueted^, Hamish, October 12th
Starr, ^pinkted^, Daisy Elizabeth, October 11th
Helen (Radnorgirl), ^blueted^, Monty Fraser, October 23rd
Kermit, ^blueted^, Oliver, November 2nd
Katy H, ^blueted^, Thomas, November 14th
baby maggie, ^pinkted^, Violet, November 19th
fudgeyfu, ^pinkted^, Evie, November 20th
Olwen, ^blueted^, Charlie Jose, November 24th
Mish, ^blueted^, Nathan, November 24th
Rachel (ChickenPie), ^pinkted^, Lucy Kate, November 25th
Maggie (magsandemma), ^pinkted^, Louise Rose, November 25th
Sharon (Shabba), ^pinkted^, May Ann, November 30th
Pin, ^pinkted^, Olivia Jane, November 30th
U2fan, ^blueted^, Jamie Shay, December 3rd
Mandy (Kitten1), ^blueted^, Charlie, December 9th
Karen (KG), ^blueted^, Toby, December 10th
Bendybird, ^blueted^, Luke, December 15th
Channy, ^pinkted^, Cerys Louise, December 17th
Gingertiger, ^pinkted^, Etain Calista, December 18th
Lukes, ^pinkted^, Isla Rose, December 27th
x shye x, ^blueted^, Tayan,
Emmaloupink, ^pinkted^, Maisie,

If anyone wants adding please shout!​

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Oh am I first ???

·
Registered
477 Posts
I wanted to be first!!!!!  ^tantrum^

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I take it I was  ;D ;D
Wondering if you lovely mummys can help me. I cant seem to get May to sleep any later than 4am  :( she makes noises from 3am but I try to ignore her, easier said than done) after I've given her her bottle, she'll sleep till about 5.30am but then  :'( so I pick her up. I end up taking her downstairs so I dont disturb dp too much as he has to go to work. She'll have a nap about 7.30 after her breakfast but only for about 15-30 mins.
I've tried putting her to bed later, but she wont have any of it, she gets tired about 5.45, so after bath and bottle falls asleep about 6.30, alot of the time she  :'( then only takes 2 oz before falling asleep.

Shes on 3 meals a day now and about 20oz of milk.
Any suggestions, its getting harder each day getting up so early  :(

Thanks in advance
Kisses to all the babies

S xx

P.S Sorry U2  ;)

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Shabba -

Charlie goes to bed at about 6.30pm now (decided to try an earlier bedtime as he was a nightmare to settle) and he always sort of wakes up at about 4am. But, I just go in and give him his dummy and then I'll (usually!!) get another 2-2.5hrs out of him. I've recently started using pat-shush with C to get him to self settle and ^fingerscrossed^ it appears to be working. Would that not be an option?? Or, pick up, put down if she's crying??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Shabba -  Olivia is still in with us and last night woke up 4 times but i only need to put her dummy in once - i was just leaving her to see if she'd settle herself and she did  :)  We also used to put her to bed any time between 7.30 - 8 pm but i've noticed that its getting earlier and earlier, tonight she was fast asleep by 7.15.  She wakes any time after about 4 am and wants feeding and sometimes she will sleep again and sometimes not.  We tend to keep the bedroom pretty dark and keep quiet as if its the middle of the night.  And we try not to talk to her which is hard when she greets you with a beaming smile ! 

I don't think i've been much help to you really  ^idiot^

I had to take Olivia to the Dr's yesterday as a follow up appt was made after her 8 week check due to her weight - she's dropped two centile lines on the growth charts.  She's only 15lb 6oz but both me and DH are small.  I knew nothing about it until the appt arrived on fri.  Well, it was a waste of time - the HV and Dr both said she was fine.  It was another HV who referred her  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^.  The HV said if she had kids she would never take them to be weighed and the Dr said his daughter is tiny and won't take her 'cos he knows the gp will want to referr her to the hospital  !!!

Gotta go - must start dinner before DH gets back from footy.

Take care all

Pin xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Pin - I'm seriously considering NEVER taking C to be weighed ever again!!  ;D ;D Beginning to think that HV's are only on this earth to make mums neurotic!! (Not that we need any help with that...........)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Evening lovely ladies,

U2- Oh hun, I bet his baby chums (spies) spotted you popping in and told him to put on the waterworks just to make you feel bad. You know how fickle these babies can be. Really hope it goes without tears the next time. ^hugme^ I dont like the real Bakewell Pie but my DH does. I also bought him a Hommity Pie (veggie/ cheese thing) and he loved it!

Bendy- So sorry hun the evil ^witch^ turned up. Defo pop to the docs hun to check out the fainting. ^hugme^

Katy- Woo hoo- go big T!! Fingers crossed for tonight. J went through too in the end after I decided to ignore his murmurs. Felt really mean.

Kitten- Hun, ^bigbad^ to the nasty poster. But can I just ask how the heck do you have time to post on 2 sites :eek: I am lucky to get 18oz down J at the moment. He is pretty much down to 2 bottles (am and pm) and then one with breakie. I still offer it at lunch and tea to try and keep the amount up, but he is becoming less and less interested. I would definately say that you are NOT underfeeding C.

Sharon- Wish I could help hun but J is getting earlier and earlier. Is it anything to do with the light/ noisy dawn chorus? The birds here start making a racket at about 4. ^bigbad^

Pin- Some times these HVs just make you want to ^bigbad^. Blooming heck, just remembered I havent sent you a piccie of my pram liner yet have I. Will do it in a mo. ;) Currently making a sleeping bag for J out of the same material.

Had a great day in Bakewell today. Had lunch in a pub in the end (Tuna Sarnie and chips) :p :-[ Had a great 2 mile walk and a good natter. Jack loved his new toy. Its a 'light and sound bugger driver' from ELC. Basically a contraption that fits on pushchairs/ car seats etc which has a steering wheel, horn, key ignition (which makes a sound of a car starting), indicators, mirros etc. They have been reduced from £20 to £10 and he loves it.

Right off to make a cuppa.

Love to all.

Mel xx

ps Hello to all those who havent posted for a while; Babymaggie, Mags, Lukes, Channy, Annie, Brownowl, Kermit, Lukes, Olwen etc. How are you and your gorgeous bubs doing guys?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Evening everyone,

We're reinstating the 10.30pm feed tonight as Thomas fell asleep half-way through his bottle at bedtime.  DH is away on a business trip early tomorrow (before 6am) so it just seems too risky to see if he'll go through on just 4oz.  It's my own fault really - I took him out for lunch and hoped he would sleep in the car-seat.  He did ... but only for half an hour instead of nearly two.  I tried to encourage him to snooze back at home but he just wouldn't.  

Shabba - As I'm a bit of a Gina fan I lean towards the view of minimal intervention at night.  If Thomas stirs we always wait a while - often he'll go back to sleep on his own.  He's slept from 11pm to 7am for about three months now, so it's hard to remember what it was like getting up to feed.  The other thing is I firmly believe there's a link between good daytime sleeps and good night-time sleep.  How well does May sleep during the day?  At 5-6 months babies need between 2.5 and 3 hours sleep during the day.  Hope this helps!

Better leave it there ... falling asleep myself!

Katy x

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks for the replies, theres no way in this world that I could do pat shush with May or pick her up and put her down. I've tried both before and she screams more if i put her back down with out a feed. Also she wont take a dummy any more, all of a sudden she started to spit it out and wont take it at all.
The problem may be day time naps, she is far to interested (nosey  ::) ) in whats going on around her, and just wont sleep. Sometimes she'll have about 1 1/2 hrs a day, but usually less.
How do you lot set daytime naps when you're doing different things each day. She wont even sleep in her pram very often now cause she loves being outside.

Thinking about maybe adding the dream feed again, what do you lot think ???

So sorry af arrived Bendy  ^hugme^  I agree with mel, get to the gp to find out why you keep fainting.

Pin - I always look out for your posts as Olivia and May were born on the same day, babies are all different shapes and sizes, you would know if there was something wrong.
May is still in our room in her crib, but is getting too big for it so biting the bullet in the next couple of weeks and she will be going in the big cot on her own room  ^eyes^ better for her I think  :-\

Love to everyone else and thanks again.
Off to bed now, need my beauty sleep  ;D

S x

·
Registered
809 Posts
Evening all
I've decided to give up watching TV to read books, but decided to come on here instaed ....weeeeellllll it is a form of reading  ;D ;D ;D
Bendy - I'm with you on the fish fingers......YUM sorry about AF lord don't you hate it  ^hugme^
Shabba - we have been out all day today and F had about 1 hours sleep in total  :eek:  I had F in a good sleeping routine before we went on holiday but this has now changed. As long as I can get hime to have a power nap about 4/5 pm then he does settle at night. Dream feeds used to help us until 3 meals a day. Not much help I'm afraid just sharing experience :)
Katy - how are the feeds going. I had exactly the same experience as you, DP away but I bit the bullet and dropped the 11 pm feed I went to bed at 9pm and woke at 7 am YIPPPEEEEEE!! Hope the same happens for you :)
Becs - glad you are on hols for ET get those feet up ( as W allows) and get yourself some treats thats an order

Errrr can't remember who was asking about milk (on other thread) F has 21oz (in bottles x 3 a day ) plus extra in cereals .F went through a period of not drinking loads. I was concerned so posted on here. A few weeks later drinking like mad. I can never remember who recommended 'wait and see' but that is my mantra now  ;D ;D

Actually whilst we are on the subject of milk, I'm still using Aptamil 1 st powder (blue box). Its suddenly occurred to me should I have changed this ??? Maybe not. Not had F weighed for yonks ummmm shall I ??????
Mel- sounds like you've had a good day
Kitten - whats for supper tonight  ;D I've eaten half a large packet of Revels!! DP eating other half!!
Angel- how are you honey???
Smileylogo - Hip hip hooray for tomorrow

Hello to anyone I've missed best wishes to you all
Love
Georgie x :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Pin- have sent you an email with pics of pram liner hun. Hope you like it hun. xx

Hiya Georgie, I dont think you have to change formulas.  I'm not going to bother. Apparently if they are getting plenty of nutrients from food in their diet they dont need other (usually more expensive) formulas.  As for getting F weighed, I have decided not to go now for a while.  Cant be doing with the (well intended, but annoying all the same) interference iykwim.

Sharon- Not sure how you can get a nosey baby to sleep. She is obviously having too much fun. You coud always try one 11pm feed and see if it helps? J does sleep better when he has one.

Katy- Dont blame you hun! I would do the same.

Night night (was supposed to go to bed hours ago).

xx

Love again to all,

Mel xx

·
Registered
692 Posts
Happy birthday Emma

Hope you have a lovely day.

I have stayed up just to post this bang on midnight. ;D I am definatley now going to bed.

ps save me some cake! ;)

Love Mel xx

·
Registered
692 Posts
Arghh bugger! According to Sky news its past midnight but not on the FF clock. Never mind happy birthday Emma.

I am defo now going to bed.

xx

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
[size=15pt]
Happy Birthday Emma :-* :-* :-*

Enjoy your ice cream and Jelly ;)

Thanks for all your tips. I managed to hold off Mays bottle till 4.45am then put her back down till 6am, better than before, but she was awake most of the time, chattering away ::) as soon as I looked at her she laughed, v sweet :)

Will see what happens tonight

Have a lovely day
S x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Morning,

I've been reading the posts but not really been up to a great deal so didn't post ;D Molly is good, her new thing now is to nod and shake her head, usually when she's tired! It's very funny when DH and I ask her yes or no questions ;D ;D

I went to Primark on Monday, got the train to my local one. Was a success, bought some bits for the 3 of us for hols. I got a swim cossie as my bikini days are well and truly behind me due to s/marks :(, sarong, kaftan, dress, vest, for DH got him shorts, trunks and t-shirts and for Molly a top and 2 pairs of shorts!! Going back on Friday though as DH needs bigger size in shorts!

Today I'm meeting b'group friend for a walk and coffee so that will be nice. Thursday seeing rest of babygroup girls so a pretty busy week for us. On Friday night we have friends round, not sure if I'm cooking dinner for us all yet. Then Saturday evening my parents are looking after Molly, and DH and I along with some friends are going to see the new Indiana Jones film!! Can't wait, loved the originals as a kid!

Molly's doing okay with her food, I find it alot easier being at home. When we are out she's too busy having a nose to want to eat ::) her sleep is no better so won't bother talking about that ^eyes^

I'll be back for personals in a mo, Molly needs her milk!!

x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I think this is pretty normal but over the weekend Molly only took around 10oz in a day :eek: I've just tried her with a bottle and she's had 1oz but not had a bottle since 1am :-\ thought she'd have wolfed it down ???

Yesterday she had 3 meals, a pudding and 1 snack (yogurt) so pretty much all that she should be having at the moment. I should have given her 1 more snack really but that's the most she's eaten in one day before.

Georgie - we are good hun, thanks for asking ^hugme^ I asked about the same question on the feeding board about changing Molly's formula to the next stage but they said if she's happy on the milk I give her now then to keep it. She will be on cows milk in around 5 months time anyway.

Meant to say I bought a new changing bag from Primark, only a fiver but really nice! It's navy and white and a drawstring type. I put all my stuff in it y'day and also used my free changing bag from Boots to leave in the car. I put the usual nappies, wipes, sacks, medicine and cream in there. Just in case we are caught short ;)

Sorry got to go, Molly kicking up a fuss. Have a good day girls.

x

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi ladies
About the formula change, I have changed Mays today as she was on hungry baby aptamil (and has been since 10 weeks old  ::) ) so I thought she probably wont need that now shes on 3 meals a day  :-\ does that sound right to you ???

Will see if she wakes up hungry in the night  ;) I also tried her on lumpy food today for the first time. Still using jars as kitchen not finished yet  ::) it was v funny, she shuddered after every spoonfull, but ate it all  ^idiot^ will try her again tomorrow.

Getting her weighed tomorrow as just realised she will soon be too big for her car seat, its a shame cause i used that on the frame alot to save space in my boot for shopping (mostly clothes  ;D )
Have any of you got the next seat yet ???

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm not sure what car seats you have but with the Maxi Cosi car seat it goes up to 28lb. Molly was 18lbs last week so that's one expense saved for the time being!

x

1 - 20 of 386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.