Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Victoria and new to FF, although I've already had some great advice and encouragement on another thread yesterday.  :)

DH and I have been married for ten years but only really ttc for 3. I guess I never really thought about my age (i'm 36) and never really got to know any little people until my big sis had her first child 3 years ago. I guess that started me thinking! I love my two nieces to bits.

This is our first attempt at IVF and I feel like I know nothing (infact I'm starting to feel a bit ill-informed by my clinic  :mad:). I've already learned so much from reading other peoples stories, I wish I'd discovered the site sooner. I feel much more positive knowing that help and advice is here, and for that I'm very grateful x

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

This is a great site and you will love it :) I do.

blew you some bubbles to get you started

Rachelxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Hi Victoria and welcome to FF

When we had our first tx I too felt like a fish out of water. My clinic only really explained the clinical stuff. But FF helped me through and are still helping me.

Good luck with your IVF hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Welcome Victoria

I too was like you and totally confused but on here you can ask anything however silly or trivial you may think it is.  there is always someone to answer it for you.  good luck

Sarah

xxx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Victoria

Just wanted to welcome you to FF. 

Your first attempt at IVF can be really daunting, I remember feeling totally lost on my first attempt.  Unfortunately I didn't know about this forum then and I'm so glad that you have found us at this stage.  You will form lots of friendships and the support is invaluable.  There are also lots of people who can share their experiences with you to help you understand what is happening.

A mod will leave you some links to the boards and help you navigate, I would advise using the search facility if you have any questions when you are going through you treatment - you will almost always find the answer or be pointed in the right direction.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Foxy x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
^hello^ Victoria hun xx welcome to FF I have leanrnt so much from these guys and still learning and I have had 2 ICSI cycles  ;D I only found FF about 6 weeks ago so I didn't have them during my 2 tx but i will defo be using it next tx I hope you tx bring you a well deserved BFP!!!!! and good luck with everything xxxxx
Hayleigh xxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Victoria ^hugme^
Youve had some great replies and I am sure you will soon feel empowered to ask the right questions and get the right treatment for your cycle.
May I ask why your needing the IVF ? have you been given a diagnosis by your clinic ?
The site search facility is always a good option as is a scrol down the index to see what hiding behind each pink heart ;)

I would like to encourage you to post to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will find a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm ;)
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for your home town & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dizzi,

thanks for this, I'm starting to find my way around!

DH and I have unexplained infertility - he's fine, but I have an elevated FSH (15 was the highest). I had a little bit of endometriosis when I had my Lap & Dye, but tubes were ok.

Because of my age and continual fretting about my FSH, we decided to self fund, only to get our PCT funding just as we started this cycle. I have my third scan on Monday so I hope I've been doing a good job growing those follicles over the weekend.

thanks to all for the positivity :)

Victoria

1 - 8 of 8 Posts