Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi it's me again! i just wondered if anyone could help me. i went for my tracking scan on thursday. the first one showed that i had a huge cyst and the cons couldnt tell if i'd ov'd or not. this time i think that the clomid has worked too well as i have 3 large follies. my womb lining is good i think at 11.1 mm. the cons said officially he would advise against ttc as there is a chance of triplets.. unofficially he said that this is highly unlikely and to go for it. has anyone else had this and gone on to have a bfp??

thank you for listening!

amanda xx

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
mand - sorry cant say i have had the same result (  :( )  but yay for you  ^clapping^ sounds like a good responce think there is always a small chance of multiples when ttc and with clomid but i say go for it!!!!!!  ^BMS^  ;D

L xx

·
Registered
515 Posts
hi hun! i'm with lin on this one! If i were in your shoes - we'd be getting busy too!!!! ;) The way i look at it is, what's meant to be will be! (be that, 1, 2 or 3 beans!!)  and yay, the clomid worked for you  :) 

seeya soon i hope ^hugme^

jesXXX

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you lin & jes for the replies..

im so excited but i know that with dp's sa it still might not work but i guess we have a bit more target practice! we have been getting busy but im not sure how long we should be busy for and at present i'm getting to the stage where a good book and hot chocolate is sounding more appealing!! (not that i dont love & lust dp but too much of a good thing lol!)

thank you both xx

amanda xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Amanda

I'm not surprised your confused hun  :-\. Your consultant has given 2 quite conflicting opinions really.

I'm afraid I have no experince of your situation so have no words of wisdom but I wanted to say hello and I hope your decision becomes clearer for you

Good luck

Emma xxxx

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi emma ! thank you for replying. i have had a look online too and im still none the wiser.. a couple of the girls have said go for it and me and dp have decided to go for it as it's more target practice!

hope you are well and well done on your weightloss.. (which i could so do with!)

amanda xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hi Amanda

Erm  :-[. Think I need to change that ticker.................. just got back from holiday  ::) ::)

Very glad you've made a decision hun. I didn't like to say before but.................... I think thats what I'd have done too  ;) ;)

How exciting  :) :). Good luck and let us know how you get on please  ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I had 3 follies on my last IUI (the max under which he would continue) & we got a BFP. We were looking for twins (his words) on my 1st scan but it was just a lovely singleton.

If it were me I think I'd go for it too, it's quite rare to get triplets but it CAN happen!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Amanda,

The same thing recently happened to me and we'd also decided to risk it (I think my post is on the 'after treatment' bit of peer support. As I said to my DH at the time, I'd rather have a multiple than none!

The hospital also advised me not to go ahead - I think it's something they have to say but I did get the feeling when I was told that one or two of the nurses would have gone against that advice themselves!

I'm currently on my 2ww but not hopeful as I'm not sure that I've even ov'd but trying to be postive.

Hope it's a BFP for us both this time - but with only a singleton each!!

Kaz

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thats great news amanda  ;D Brilliant response. The chance of multiples should be low, especially if the consultant said so as well.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you this month!

I know what you mean about too much bms.... got to find ways to keep things interesting sometimes when all you want to do is chill out and watch tv  ;D

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Amanda i only ever had one scan + it wasnt really a tracking scan but it was on my last cycle of clomid, it showed my lining at over 15 + 8 howge follies + we were not advised to abstain  :eek:

although a multiple is a chance with clomid it isnt too common + although you have all them follies there is no definate there is an egg in each

i will say we didnt abstain from the old jiggy  ;)

goodluck chick, its looking good this month

xxx 

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you cleg & ab for your replies..

wow cleg that was amazing lining & follies... me and dp decided to go for it and it's good to hear other ppl's experiences.

hey ab! im soooo fed up (and sore!) with all the bms.. i asked dp if he could put it in a jar and i'd sort it out myself!!

amanda xx

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you girls so much for replying.. it has made my day. it is nice to hear other peoples experiences.

emmalottie... lol re ticker! i have put on soooo much weight in the last 2 years it is untrue! i went swimming today after work and now feel fit for nothing! is this supposed to be good for me??? lol. i want to lose some weight for my holiday at the end of june. i will def let you know how i get on sweety  ^hugme^

hi professor waffle! thank you for your post it gave me alot of hope! wow a bfp!! when is you bubs due? (im going to have to look at your signature as i have a goldfish memory!)  ^hugme^

hi kaz29... where are you in the 2ww? it would be amazing if we got our bfp's... i know it is hard but try and stay  ^reiki^ (im a fine one to talk.. read my diary it's all doom & gloom!) keep me posted as to how you get on hun.

thanks again ladies for replying.

amanda xx

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi prof waffles... lol just read your signature and youu bubs is now 2!! lol... it still gives me hope and that is the main thing... i feel a bit  ^idiot^ :-[ now!

amanda xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
missyb said:
i went swimming today after work and now feel fit for nothing! is this supposed to be good for me??? lol.

amanda xx
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^. I know just what you mean. I hurt my foot the other day. All I did was............... get out of bed! I think I'd be best not trying anything too strenuous ;D ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.