Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wondered if anyone could offer advice?  I seem to have trapped my syatica nerve (in my left buttock of all places!) And its really painful!!  Almost gave way a few times getting out of the bath yesterday!!  MIL said it might be the way the bubba is laying - I've asked him/her to move but no joy!!  Anyone know of anyway to manipulate this pesky nerve back to where it should be?

Thanks
Church
xx

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sorry, no quick answer to this one. I also got trapped nerve when I was pregnant and could just grin and bear it but thankfully it went after a few days and didn't return until I was 37 weeks pregnant.

Ruth

·
Registered
30 Posts
It seems unlikely at this stage that the position of your baby could be causing your sciatica - it could be due to any number of things.  As a physio myself, I suggest getting your GP to refer you to a women's health physiotherapist, hopefully you'll have one in your area,
Sarah

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hi

can i ask if u have thought of going to see a massage therapist who is trained in dealing with preg ladies and syatica? i know that my auntie is a therapist who does massage during pregnancy and also deals with syatica- i will say that you need to make sure you go with someone who is well trained- syatica is very painful but can be relived by massage!

i know this as at present im training to be a massage therapist and my aim is to work with preg ladies and also teach baby massage!

good luck and hope this is of some help to you

Mez
xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts