Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi all

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for travelling abroad with twins?
We are only doing a 2hr flight - but the thought of trying to keep my two still for 2 hours puzzles me!!!  ;)

Any tips about ensuring their ears are ok during take-off/landing?

Also, will we all be able to sit in the same row? (flying easyjet). We haven't bought extra seats and someone mentioned that because of safety regs we won't be allowed to sit in the same row??

Thanks

V
x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I would take bottles/dummies/drinks etc to help with their ears - I always made sure that M had some milk or water in a bottle to help.

Not sure about sitting in the same row - can't help with that, but not heard before that you wouldn't be able to?

I would definitely recommend getting there early to make sure you get half decent seats though.

I found that M was better when she was younger and couldn't run around - once she found her feet it was much harder cos she wanted to go exploring!!! ;D

I would have lots of snacks, toys and things to keep them occupied.

Good luck and have a lovely holiday!

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi V,
I took my girls on their first flight at 17 months and it was a breeze! Mainly due to it being lunchtime so that occupied ages ;) Also took a couple of new items (books, toy phones, spoons and cups - they loved those for some reason) which also helped.
And no, you can't sit in the same row with 2 babies, only 1 extra per row due to oxygen mask requirements.
Re: ears, I hid their drinks for the 2nd half of the flight so they were thirsty on landing and drank loads.
Have a great time!
Jane
xxx

·
Registered
518 Posts
We've flown a few times with ours and have been put together in the same row a couple of times - we think it's because we had the row to ourselves and so there were 4 people (2 adults and 2 babies) to the 4 oxygen masks. On the busier flights we have sat next to each other on the ends of an aisle.

Our last flights were a bit of a nightmare as they were due a nap and couldn't switch off - someone suggested to us afterwards putting a blanket over us and the baby's head to block out all the distractions, so will try that next time.

As your hands are full when you get on board, I take an 'essentials' bag with wet wipes, toys, a snack etc... that I put under the chair in front so I've got things to hand for take off and landing when the seatbelt sign is on. I also do a smaller bag with just enough to change a couple of nappies as the loos are often too small to fit in with a nappy bag - and it's easier to have exactly what you need to hand without having to rummage around for what you need.

And if things don't go well, remember you will never see anyone on the plane again!
xxxx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi,

We flew with Easyjet in April.  You can sit 2 adults and 2 babies (under the age of 2) in a row as there are 4 masks.

Sharon xx

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi
We have travelled a lot with our two, and often if they don't sit you together for take off and landing, they will move you after take off so that you can sit together if possible. If the flight is full they won't be able to do this. They have even bumped our neighbours to first so that everyone is happy! Bring something new for them to look at, and lots of packets of raisins and or chocolate buttons (work a treat esp if you don'tusually give them chocolate!!! Also do be prepared to do lots of walking up and down the aisle, but don't worry as the stewardesses are used to it and would rather have an active child than a screaming one, and most passengers love watching twins on the go!
Have a good time!
JJ

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi

Re the sitting in a row together, both times we that we flew when my two were infants ie; under 2yrs old, I booked one of them as a child so that we got a) an extra seat (so no worries with the oxygen as you will have the whole row to yourself) and b) the much needed extra luggage allowance!

I echo what the others say re a bag of new 'goodies' it works a treat!

Have a lovely time!

Sue xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
What a brilliant idea - i would never have thought of doing that!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all  :)

Im gradually picking up lots of tips so fingers-crossed all will go well!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts